Barracks (caserne of cavalry) known as the barracks of the dragoons of the Queen, known as neighbourhood Hanique, French Heritage monument to Laon

The barracks was a quadrangle of buildings around a quadrangle with ground floor stables, kitchens, rooms on the first floor and exercises rooms riders, distributed by corridor. The stairs were in corners and outside corners latrines. Each building body was thin but very long: the stables were more through. The second courtyard contained the armoury. The four remained in the old college. This was a unique prototype, without posterity. The building was started in 1783 and completed in 1788 for the dragons of the Queen
* Room, Inspector of bridges and roads in Department of Laon, resumed the plans and specifications of the Inspector of the Ponts et chaussées Beauvisage, died in 1783
* It seems evil built by contractor Louis Duroché, it necessitated significant occasions in the 1st quarter of the 19th century
* the barracks destroyed in 1917, remains that a trough located in the suburbs (see file) and a pediment reused in 1935 on the Foch central building in the suburb of Semilly.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

barracks (caserne of cavalry) known as the barracks of the dragoons of the Queen, known as neighbourhood Hanique

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

barracks (caserne of cavalry) known as the barracks of the dragoons of the Queen, known as neighbourhood Hanique, « barracks (caserne of cavalry) known as the barracks of the dragoons of the Queen, known as neighbourhood Hanique » is a construction of the city of Laon (France, Aisne). Barracks (caserne of cavalry) known as the barracks of the dragoons of the Queen, known as neighbourhood Hanique, French Heritage monument to Laon 89 laon, aisne

Location and general information

  • identifier : 1936
  • item : caserne (caserne de cavalerie) dite caserne des dragons de la Reine, dite quartier Hanique
  • Location of the building :
    • Aisne
    • Laon
  • Place name : le Champ Saint-Martin
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 2408
  • Zip code of the municipality : 02000
  • Order in the communal list : 89
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : barrack
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : destroyed

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 4 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 18th century
    • 4th quarter 18th century
    • 19th century
    • 1st quarter 19th century
  • Year : 1788
  • Investigation : 1986
  • Date taken into account : 1992/12/14

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 3 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 4 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • pavilion roof
    • tied
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is slate
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 2 type of floors in this manual :
    • 1 floor square
    • floor height
  • Stairs :
    • A staircase has been cataloged in this monument is of type : steps in implementing
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'regular square plan'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 2 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • forge
    • carousel
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • No additional information available in our database.
  • Authors of the survey MH :
    • de Massary Xavier
    • Plouvier Martine
  • Mérimée reference : IA00076934

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Picardie - Service de l'Inventaire du patrimoine culturel5, rue Henry Daussy 80044 Amiens Cedex 1 - 03.22.97.33.73

Men involved in this construction


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.