Cemetery said cemetery St. Just, French Heritage monument to Laon
The cemetery is north-facing and includes eight areas. A plan of the different land assigned to the cemetery of Saint-just was drawn by Jean Cottenest, departmental architect in 1791, the cemetery was accessible in March 1793 and actually opened in 1802-1803
* due to expansion, new walls were built from 1839 to 1842
* housing of the guardian, at the main entrance to the South, was raised in 1853 by Antoine Norbert Husson, contractor at Laon. the gate of the cemetery below North to la Neuville, was completed in 1888
* the cemetery walls were partly rebuilt in 1890 with stones from the demolition of the city gate, Saint-Martin
* gateway to the North was rebuilt in 1897 by Husson collar contractor on the drawings of Paul Malik.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(cemetery said cemetery St. Just, laon)
cemetery said cemetery St. Just, The cemetery is north-facing and includes eight areas. A plan of the different land assigned to the cemetery of Saint-just was drawn by Jean Cottenest, (...) Cemetery said cemetery St. Just, French Heritage monument to Laon 99 laon, aisne
Men involved in this construction
- Cottenest jean (in French) architecte départemental
- Husson antoine norbert (in French) entrepreneur
- Husson-collet (in French) entrepreneur
- Marquiset paul (in French) architecte voyer
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.