Temple of protestants, French Heritage monument to Mars
The temple is in granite. Previous elevation and the right side elevation are stone, Middle unit at regular Assizes
* the left side elevation and the bedside are rubble. Roof long pans covered mechanical flat tiles, round rump of the apse in Lee. The presbytery in granite rubble presents elevations main and subsequent three-span and three levels
* It is covered with a long parts in mechanical flat tile roof. The temple, built in a triangular plot at the edge of road, occupies the entire space. This elongated and symmetric plan building, shows a front cut
* two-sided facade the apse is semicircular. The Interior is covered by a ceiling paneled
* a straight staircase gives access to the platform. It is in 1849 the municipal Council adopts the plans and specifications prepared by the architect of Tournon, Prosper Thévenet, for the construction of the temple and the presbytery, in lieu of a building in the hamlet of March, become too small. In June 1851 the tender of the construction was entrusted to Lauzet and Heather Boyer. In 1854 an additional estimate is requested. In 1856 the Mayor commissioned architect Tay to conduct an audit of the work and very defective materials, new relief is granted. The final acceptance of the work is approved in December 1858. In 1866 Louis Besset, the borough architect, restored the temple and the rectory. In 1908, it is the architect Mathurin Desrioux, de Tournon, who performs new restorations in the building: cover repairs, repair of the Abat-Voix of Chair and changes to the ceiling in walnut to improve the acoustics. The temple still undergoes other changes during the 20th century: the ground elevation, removal of the two side wood leading to the Gallery stairs, closing it by a partition wall creating a floor accessible by a straight staircase room installed in the Hall of worship. The Bell Tower repairs and recasting of the Bell following its destruction by lightning around 1970. Realization of a ceiling paneled in the Hall of worship, around 1995. The roof once covered in Lee has retained this cover only material on the bedside. The presbytery is today ' today uninhabited.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Temple of protestants, The temple is in granite. Previous elevation and the right side elevation are stone, Middle unit at regular Assizes; the left side elevation and the bedside (...) Temple of protestants, French Heritage monument to Mars mars, ardeche
Men involved in this construction
- Desrieux mathurin (in French) architecte
- Thévenet prosper (in French) architecte
- Boyer (in French) conducteur de travaux
- Bruyère (in French) conducteur de travaux
- Lauzet (in French) conducteur de travaux
- Besset louis (in French) architecte d'arrondissement
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.