Village, French Heritage monument to Mars
Until 1909, March was a hamlet in the commune of Saint-Romain-le-Désert. By Decree of December 18, 1909 March became the capital in lieu of the hamlet of Saint-Romain too isolated. Located north of the municipal area, Mars is the most inhabited "village" in thanks to its location along the road of le Puy-en-Velay to Saint-agrève
* advantageous because on this plateau are difficult due to a harsh climate. In 1836, the cadastre mentions almost forty houses or farms spread along this route
* three of between they bear a date prior to 1836: 1755, 1799, 1829. In the second quarter of the 19th century, the Protestant community strongly implanted in this hamlet begins to build its buildings: a Protestant School for girls and boys in 1831, the temple and its presbytery in 1851, its denominational Cemetery (plot AD 27). In this sector, habitat changes: several dates are carved on lintels of houses 1836, 1854, 1864, 1895, 1897. It is also along this road shops settle. On June 13, 1909, six months before it transfers of capital of Saint-Roman Mars, award is given to Marcel Gallix architect for the construction of the public school in March. This school is carried out from 1910 by the Touron contractor to replace the old, located at Saint-Romain since 1833. In 1923 the Town Hall moved to the central body of the school modified by architect a. Mathew of Annonay.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Village, Until 1909, March was a hamlet in the commune of Saint-Romain-le-Désert. By Decree of December 18, 1909 March became the capital in lieu of the hamlet of Saint- (...) Village, French Heritage monument to Mars mars, ardeche
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.