Castle of Montcornet
Montcornet is a village of the canton of Renwez, ten kilometres north of Mézières. The work of Mr. Lépine has interest because of the Château de Montcornet which originally seems to go back to the ninth century. What remains today is represented by two drawings that show us aspects of Southeast and Northwest. Two planes are also the status of the current ruins on the ground floor and the first floor.
The Château de Montcornet, placed at the entrance of the forest of the Ardennes, could be a refuge or, at least, a venue of hunting for the Kings in the second race, who ferried to, their residence of Attigny, by a path pioneered in the Valley of Thin and which was known as the King's road. Mr. Lépine have no doubt that this castle has belonged to Charlemagne and Louis-le-Débonnaire, it has remained in the hands of the Kings of France until the moment where Louis-from overseas will have understood in the County's portion, erected in hereditary fief to the benefit of 1 Roger. The lordship of Montcornet in would have been dismembered later in favour of Guillaume, son of Godfroy de Namur. Mr. Lépine lists the chronological table of the fluidity of Montcornet and noted in particular that this fief has entered the House of Croi, in 1450; the Gonzaga, in 1613. of Mazarin, by Armand-Charles de Laporte, duc de Meilleraie, in 1614; in the House of sting, by Marie-Charlotte de Mazarin, married to Louis-Armand Duplessis-Richelieu, marquis of Richelieu, heir to the Duchy of sting and County Ablang, and in the family of Chabrillan who still has the Château de Montcornet. This seigneury was erected successively baronie and marquisate.
The shifting fiefs of Lonny, Harcy and Wartigny were the Château de Montcornet and I find on the list of the specific Lords of Lonny, the names of several families who settled in Metz, such as René of Espinoy, Viscount of Choudhary, Councillor to the parlement de Metz, married to Louise Boutet. Claude Espinoy Aimée, his daughter, married Geoffroy - Dominique Bragelongne, Viscount of Deville, which died in 1718, was the son of Thomas Bragelongne, Lord of Engouville and president to the Parliament of Metz.
Vimala forest belonged, finally, in part at least to Jean-Charles Viscount Salse, died in 1766, leaving Louis-Charles-Hyppolite, Viscount of Salse; Louis-Marie-Charles, chevalier de Salse, and Marie-scholasticism of Salse, married to messire Le Goullon, Lord of Coucy, Deputy Mayor of Metz under the restoration, all four died in this city just a few years ago.
Source: Bulletin of the society of Archeology and history of the Moselle
Crédit photo : pierre bastien (Castle (remains), montcornet)
Castle (remains), Montcornet is a village of the canton of Renwez, ten kilometres north of Mézières. The work of Mr. Lépine has interest because of the Château de Montcornet which originally seems to go back to the ninth century. What remains today is represented by two drawings that show us aspects of Southeast and Northwest. Two planes are also the status of the current ruins on the ground floor and the first floor. montcornet, ardennes
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.