Monument to the dead of the war of 1914-1918, French Heritage monument to Bezac
The memorial space is limited on the front and the right side by a black iron chain connecting three terminals in granite, painted white. On the ground, this space is bounded by red bricks, the same who materialize triangular floral floor in front of the monument. At the rear, this space is adjacent to the wall of the nave of the parish church. Located in the cemetery and in the middle of the memorial space, the monument to the dead is composed of a market with slope and square plan, and then a market on which rests the base surmounted by a cornice supporting an obelisk finished in diamond point, all in granite of la Crouzette (département of Tarn) and painted white. The South-facing front features three white marble plates on the obelisk and base. The plate on the Obelisk (dimensions: h = 124, = 40) is engraved with six names and surnames of the soldiers who died during the great war. Plaque dedication at the four corners in quarter round (dimensions: h = 58.5, the = 54.5) is fixed on the base and below the plaque commemorating the year of erection of the monument (dimensions: h = 10, a = 21). As soon as the decision in 1919, Bézac municipality is the record projecting the construction of the monument to the dead of the commune. On 24 November 1920, the Treaty of OTC, amounting to 2,000 francs, was signed between Mayor Jean Prat, and Ferré, stonemason, domiciled at Pamiers. Received presidential approval, the monument was inaugurated in presence of the priest of the common, former "hairy" of Thessaloniki, Councillor and Mayor of Pamiers Mr Rambaud, the Cazals MP and Councillor district, Mr Grimaldi and Bézac Mayor Jean Prat former "poilu" surrounded by its municipal Council on Sunday, August 21, 1921 to 10 hours. This monument honors since, the memory of the six children of Bézac dead on the field of honour. In recent years, it has been renovated and painted white. Fixed on the obelisk and facade, the white marble, trapezoidal plate, is engraved on a column, six names and names of the soldiers who died in 1914-1918. On the base are fixed on the upper part of the front plate with the dedication "BÉZAC children / died for FRANCE / 1914-1918" and below, the plaque commemorating the day and the year of erection of the monument "erected on 21 August 1921". The list of names, first names, dates and places of death, dates of birth, grades and regiments of each military figure in annex room.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Monument to the dead of the war of 1914-1918, The memorial space is limited on the front and the right side by a black iron chain connecting three terminals in granite, painted white. On the ground, this (...) Monument to the dead of the war of 1914-1918, French Heritage monument to Bezac bezac, ariege
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Midi-Pyrénées - Direction de la Culture et de l'Audiovisuel - Service Connaissance du Patrimoine22, bd Maréchal Juin 31406 Toulouse cedex 9 - 05.34.45.97.33
Men involved in this construction
- Ferré jean (in French) tailleur de pierre
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.