Sawmill, then mill flour, and then wire Deshpande, S.A. de Longchamp plants, and then the forges of Clairvaux S.A., then House, French Heritage monument to Longchamp sur aujon

Site served by special way. Workshop on the ground floor, high rubble stone and raised in 1885 brick and iron pans. At the location of a flour mill built in the first half of the 19th century and occupied by a sawmill during the Second Empire, Deshpande establishes a wire. This causes an enlargement of the main building in 1885 (date range). Consuming the "iron machine" Marnaval and Mahenderpersad, Haute-Marne, this wire also spikes. It is operated by the S.A. of the Lonchamp plants after the first world war and by the S.A. from the forges of Clairvaux (studied) from 1925 about cessation of activity around 1965. Currently, the site is occupied by a House.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

sawmill, then mill flour, and then wire Deshpande, S.A. de Longchamp plants, and then the forges of Clairvaux S.A., then House

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

sawmill, then mill flour, and then wire Deshpande, S.A. de Longchamp plants, and then the forges of Clairvaux S.A., then House, « sawmill, then mill flour, and then wire Deshpande, S.A. de Longchamp plants, and then the forges of Clairvaux S.A., then House » is a construction of the city of Longchamp sur aujon (France, Aube). Sawmill, then mill flour, and then wire Deshpande, S.A. de Longchamp plants, and then the forges of Clairvaux S.A., then House, French Heritage monument to Longchamp sur aujon longchamp sur aujon, aube

Location and general information

  • identifier : 9057
  • item : scierie, puis moulin à farine, puis tréfilerie Dessertine, puis S.A. des usines de Longchamp, puis S.A. des forges de Clairvaux, puis maison
  • Location of the building :
    • Champagne-Ardenne
    • Aube
    • Longchamp-sur-Aujon
  • Place name : la Pointerie
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 10203
  • Zip code of the municipality : 10310
  • Order in the communal list : 3
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 3 names :
    • mill
    • wireworks
    • flour mill
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : abandoned

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 3 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 4th quarter 19th century
    • First half 19th century
  • Year : 1885
  • Investigation : 1998
  • Date taken into account : 2000/09/27

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • brick
    • iron pan
    • iron
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 2 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is mechanical tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 2 type of floors in this manual :
    • ground floor
    • rez-de-chaussee
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 3 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • shelter
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use : This building has been used in different ways over time. We know 2 successive uses. :
    • home
    • sawmill

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Alvès dos Santos G.
  • Mérimée reference : IA10000099

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Champagne-Ardenne - Service chargé de l'inventaire3, rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine 51037 Châlons-en-Champagne - 03.26.70.36.81


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.