Plant lime Langlois and Thiney and S.A. of hydraulic lime and cements of the dawn, currently House, French Heritage monument to Mussy sur seine

Workshops on the ground floor consisting of two large halls in rubble covered a long socket mechanical tile roof. The sprocket located east of the whole Hall is pierced by two levels of segmental arch bays surmounted by an oculus
* These berries, framed in brick, are arranged on a regular basis. Factory chimney brick threatening ruin. Workers on the ground floor housing high brick and covered with a long socket mechanical tile roof. Cyprien Leseurre is build around 1855 lime furnaces, then bitch-Profillet add other shortly before 1870. But Langlois and Thiney which appear to install the factory of lime as it currently remains with steam, Circa 1875. Ten years later, hotel is operated by the S.A. of hydraulic lime and cements of the dawn, until its closure in the middle of the 20th century. No other industry has replaced him and some buildings are now in ruins. The accommodations are still inhabited.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

plant lime Langlois and Thiney and S.A. of hydraulic lime and cements of the dawn, currently House

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

plant lime Langlois and Thiney and S.A. of hydraulic lime and cements of the dawn, currently House, « plant lime Langlois and Thiney and S.A. of hydraulic lime and cements of the dawn, currently House » is a construction of the city of Mussy sur seine (France, Aube). Plant lime Langlois and Thiney and S.A. of hydraulic lime and cements of the dawn, currently House, French Heritage monument to Mussy sur seine mussy sur seine, aube

Location and general information

  • identifier : 9107
  • item : usine de chaux Langlois et Thiney, puis S.A. des chaux hydrauliques et ciments de l'Aube, actuellement maison
  • Location of the building :
    • Champagne-Ardenne
    • Aube
    • Mussy-sur-Seine
  • Address : chemin des Mèzes
  • Place name : les Mèzes
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 10261
  • Zip code of the municipality : 10250
  • Order in the communal list : 7
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • lime plant
    • plant
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : abandoned

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 20th century
    • 3rd quarter 20th century
  • Investigation : 1986
  • Date taken into account : 2000/09/27

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • brick
    • wood
    • timbered
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 2 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is mechanical tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 2 type of floors in this manual :
    • ground floor
    • rez-de-chaussee
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 8 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • housing
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • plant
    • shelter
    • engine room
    • fireplace
    • room
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • This building has been assigned the following use : home

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Alvès dos Santos G.
  • Mérimée reference : IA10000129

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Champagne-Ardenne - Service chargé de l'inventaire3, rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine 51037 Châlons-en-Champagne - 03.26.70.36.81


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.