Cross of the wash-house, French Heritage monument to Castans

Castans is composed of seven hamlets, left again in the valley encaissee of Clamoux. Each one has at least a fountain, the church and the town hall is in the hamlet of Laviale.

Castans (of Castaneis). The church of Castans is dediee to the Blessed Virgin under the term of the assumption it is situee with the hamlet of Lavialle; but it there has, at the hamlet of Fargue belonging to the commune of Castans and locates at the edge of the river of Clamoux, a vault of Notre-Dame de Pitie, signalee in the official report of the made pastoral visit has Castans by bishop Mgr. Louis de Nogaret, in 1656. This vault was restauree and increased considerably in 1859. Mgr Leuillieux, bishop of Carcassonne, were accepted there by the parish of Castans, at the time of the pastoral visit of May 29, 1876.

One can read in the State of the Churches of the Aude, under the date of the 1st Brumaire, year V '' Castans has a church known as parochial, small and of mean structure has all regards; it is in a passable state and was returned to the worship. '' The church of Castans was erigee in branch by decree of 11 Meadow, year XII; in 1807, the treatment of serving, put at the load of the commune, was not yet fixed.

Source: Memories of the Company of arts and sciences of Carcassonne.

Visible on D9 between the two arches of the laundrette, the cross presentee by Peira11 is not very far from the church of the village.

Cross of the wash-house
Crédit photo : (Cross of the wash-house, castans)


Heritage listed, historical monument, or having been under investigation

Structural information

Cross of the wash-house, « Cross of the wash-house » is a construction of the city of Castans (France, Aude). Cross of the wash-house, French Heritage monument to Castans castans, aude

Location and general information

  • identifier : 9611
  • item : Croix du lavoir
  • Location of the building :
    • Languedoc-Roussillon
    • Castans
  • Address : Hameau de la Viale
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 11075
  • Zip code of the municipality : 11160
  • Order in the communal list : 1
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 3 names :
    • monument
    • monumental cross
    • cross
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 17th century
    • 2nd quarter 17th century
  • Year : 1640
  • Date of protection : 1948/04/13 : inscrit MH
  • Date taken into account : 1993/10/21

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials:
    • We do not have this information.
  • Roofing :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • This element of the building is the subject of protection : wash
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : owned by the 1992 municipality
  • Details : Croix du lavoir, au hameau de la Viale : inscription par arrêté du 13 avril 1948
  • Mérimée reference : PA00102622

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Peira11 est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by Peira11 :

croix sculptée datée de 1640, inscrite aux Monuments historiques

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.