Church parish Saint-Martin, French Heritage monument to St martin lalande

The Church is composed of a nave of three bays, covered by a frame, and a five-sided apse, closer and more low, vaulted warheads. The restoration of the 19th century have profoundly modified the building. The side chapels in the lateral wall are late. The only element of origin, West portal, yet altered by the construction of the porch probably in the 19th century, was designed around the middle of the 14th century, on the model of the North of Saint-Michel de Castelnaudary porch and the carved capitals of the cloister of Saint-Papoul. The first mention of the Church «Sanctus man of the Landa» appears in 1197 in the archives of la commanderie de Puisubran. Depending on the bishopric of Toulouse, it was annexed to the new diocese of Saint-Papoul in 1317. It was rebuilt around the middle of the 14th century. In 1430, the priest was attached to the sacristy of the Collegiate Church of Saint-Michel de Castelnaudary. The building underwent major transformations in the 19th century. The nave was covered with a false vault and the vaulting of the choir was taken over in 1857. The window in the bottom of the Church was transposed in the axial part of the apse and the window that was near the shrine was moved in the first span. The porch was revived in 1857 and the gateway of the latter was established in the South. Masonry and the structure of the tower were restored and replaced in 1897.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Church parish Saint-Martin

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Church parish Saint-Martin, The Church is composed of a nave of three bays, covered by a frame, and a five-sided apse, closer and more low, vaulted warheads. The restoration of the 19th (...) Church parish Saint-Martin, French Heritage monument to St martin lalande st martin lalande, aude

Location and general information

  • identifier : 9934
  • item : église paroissiale Saint-Martin
  • Location of the building :
    • Languedoc-Roussillon
    • Aude
    • Saint-Martin-Lalande
  • Address : Grand'rue
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 11356
  • Zip code of the municipality : 11400
  • Order in the communal list : 2
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 2 names :
    • church
    • parish church
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 4 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 14th century
    • mid 14th century
    • 19th century
    • Second half 19th century
  • Investigation : 1999
  • Date of protection : 1952/04/07 : inscrit MH partiellement
  • Date taken into account : 2002/10/04

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 2 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • average unit
    • sandstone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 4 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • polygonal hipped
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is hollow tile
  • Other about the composition roofs : 2 modes of coverage are listed
    • ribbed vault
    • false ribbed vault
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 1 vessel
  • Stairs : 3 types of stairs have been cataloged in this monument, stairs are of type :
    • spiral staircase
    • spiral staircase without a day
    • staircase off-work
  • Decoration of the building :
    • The decor consists of 'sculpture'
  • Representation : 2 ornamental motifs have been identified
    • ornamental plant
    • animal ornament
  • Typology : The typology consists of 2 elements
    • nave framed
    • polygonal apse closer and lower
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'elongated plane'

Monument and history of the place

  • Interest of the building : Seul le portail occidental est protégé; portail occidental
  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : cut the top property of the municipality
  • Author of the survey MH : Béa Adeline
  • Mérimée reference : IA11000011

The complete official record is available at Région Languedoc-Roussillon - Service chargé de l'inventaireBâtiment le BELEM - 355, rue Vendémiaire 34 000 Montpellier - 04.67.22.86.86


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.