Protestant presbytery, French Heritage monument to Balbronn

The House has a basement, a ground floor due to the slope of the ground, the walls of rubble sandstone coated with chains of corner stone, a square floor and a floor pan of decorative wood Rafter. Stone and timber are used for ancillary buildings. The protestant presbytery of Balbronn dated 1732. The tithe barn was replaced by a boardroom in 1838. The farm buildings were modified during the 19th century.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Protestant presbytery
Crédit photo : (Protestant presbytery, balbronn)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Protestant presbytery, The House has a basement, a ground floor due to the slope of the ground, the walls of rubble sandstone coated with chains of corner stone, a square floor and a (...) Protestant presbytery, French Heritage monument to Balbronn balbronn, bas rhin

Location and general information

  • identifier : 106574
  • item : presbytère protestant
  • Location of the building :
    • Alsace
    • Bas-Rhin
    • Balbronn
  • Address : 173 rue du Fossé
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 67018
  • Zip code of the municipality : 67310
  • Order in the communal list : 19
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : rectory
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 18th century
    • 2nd quarter 18th century
  • Year : 1732
  • Investigation : 1996
  • Date taken into account : 1998/12/21

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • rubble
    • coating
    • wood
    • timbered
    • sandstone
  • Roofing :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 5 type of floors in this manual :
    • basement
    • 1 floor square
    • floor height
    • ground floor raised
    • rez-de-chaussee
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology : The typology consists of 5 elements
    • open courtyard
    • lighters cross-de-saint-andré
    • dwelling in backyard
    • Guettes posts with chevron and full links
    • diamond lighters
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 6 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • well
    • barn
    • discount
    • enclosure
    • orchard
    • tithe barn
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • No additional information available in our database.
  • Authors of the survey MH :
    • Poinsot Gilbert
    • Rachedi Abdessalem
  • Mérimée reference : IA67006501

The complete official record is available at Région Alsace - Service de l'Inventaire du Patrimoine culturelPalais du Rhin - 2 Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.15.38.31

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de schimberlé est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by schimberlé :

Presbytère protestant de Balbronn.

Constuit en 1732 par les comte de Hesse-Darmstatt descendant de la grande famille des Hanau-Lichtenberg.

schimberlé says of the history of this building :

Grande bâtisse du XVIIIème siècle, qui abritait les pasteurs en poste à Balbronn.

Le plus illustre fut Louis Albert Kiefer + 1913, il est l'auteur de plusieurs ouvrages ainsi que la cheville ouvrière pour la grande restauration de l'église romane protestante en 1908.

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.