Convent of Franciscan Saint Ulrich, French Heritage monument to Barr
A Franciscan convent was founded in 1283 beside the chapel Saint-Ulrich in the Valley * the chapel was rebuilt in 1463 * in 1543 the convent fell into the hands of the reformed Lords of Barr, the Ziegler, then passed to the city of Strasbourg and his bailiff * the convent and Chapel were demolished between 1613 and 1616 * It remains vaulted cellars and the enclosure as well as a stone dated 1428 remployee * in 1740 a house in the Moenkalb was rebuilt next to the carriage door of the enclosure which is dated 1763 * a 20th century villa has been built on the convent cellars
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Convent of Franciscan Saint Ulrich, A Franciscan convent was founded in 1283 beside the chapel Saint-Ulrich in the Valley; the chapel was rebuilt in 1463; in 1543 the convent fell into the hands (...) Convent of Franciscan Saint Ulrich, French Heritage monument to Barrbarr, bas rhin
The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire AlsacePalais du Rhin - Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.23.42.00
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.