Church parish Saint-Martin, temple of Lutherans, French Heritage monument to Barr

The early Church remain the 4 lower levels of the tower which the ground floor arched edges certainly housed the choir, this tower probably dates from the beginning of the 4th quarter of the 12th century
* the 5th level of Gothic style was added in the 15th or 16th century
* a sacristy (?) later converted Catholic choir, Romanesque, probably late 12th century, was adjacent to the south wall of the tower and remained until the destruction of the nave in 1850
* This nave was probably redesigned or reconstructed in 1569, dubbed in 1661 and renovated in 1754
* with the reform, the Saint-Martin Church was assigned to the Lutheran cult around 1540, 1545
* between 1685 and 1828, it was mixed, then was again to the exclusive use of the protestants
* the nave and the Catholic choir were destroyed in 1850 and replaced by the current building which was opened in 1852, the plans are due to Antoine Ringeisen, architect of the borough
* the 1850 date is engraved on the West portal and on the southern corner chain is

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Church parish Saint-Martin, temple of Lutherans

Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Church parish Saint-Martin, temple of Lutherans, The early Church remain the 4 lower levels of the tower which the ground floor arched edges certainly housed the choir, this tower probably dates from the (...) Church parish Saint-Martin, temple of Lutherans, French Heritage monument to Barr barr, bas rhin

Location and general information

  • identifier : 160744
  • item : Eglise paroissiale Saint-Martin, temple de luthériens
  • Location of the building :
    • Alsace
    • Bas-Rhin
    • Barr
  • Address : rue de l'Eglise
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 67021
  • Zip code of the municipality : 67140
  • Order in the communal list : 19
  • Name of the building : The building is designated by the following 3 names :
    • church
    • parish church
    • temple
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • We have no information on the time of construction of this monument.
  • Year : 1850
  • Investigation : 1990
  • Date of protection : 1935/04/25 : inscrit MH partiellement
  • Date taken into account : 1993/12/03

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 4 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • coating
    • partial coating
    • average unit
    • sandstone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 3 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • polygonal spire
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) : 2 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • slate
    • mechanical tile
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • A mode of coverage listed 'vault'
  • Floors : 2 type of floors in this manual :
    • 1 vessel
    • 4-storey square
  • Stairs : 3 types of stairs have been cataloged in this monument, stairs are of type :
    • spiral staircase
    • masonry
    • staircase off-work
  • Decoration of the building :
    • The decor consists of 'sculpture'
  • Representation : 3 ornamental motifs have been identified
    • head
    • Christ
    • lion
  • Typology : The typology consists of 2 elements
    • turn choir
    • forums
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'regular plan'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other : 2 various other information are available
    • subject type christ judge
    • subject type support: pillars public property
  • Details : seule la tour est protégée
  • Author of the survey MH : Parent Brigitte
  • Mérimée reference : IA00115060

The complete official record is available at Région Alsace - Service de l'Inventaire du Patrimoine culturelPalais du Rhin - 2 Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.15.38.31

Men involved in this construction


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.