Castle, French Heritage monument to Berstett
The courtyard of the former Castle is enclosed by a wall embattled, drilled a porte-cochère and a pedestrian door arches, double. The building was built on the site of the Castle has a square floor. Berstett family dates back to the 9th century. It is mentioned for the first time in 1120. It is not known the date of construction of the first medieval castle. It appears in the texts in 1369. It is plundered and ruined in 1638 during the thirty years war. The date of 1664, accompanied by two ECU hammered to the Revolution, on the door of the Court, likely corresponds to its restoration. In 1742, Berstett family demolished the medieval castle and replaces it with a new building which will be destroyed in whole in 1789. Some of its elements have been reused (staircase at 14 rue de la mairie). Of the old building, there is only a part of the entrance wall. During the 19th century, a farm was built on its location. Around 1900, it is mentioned as butchery.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Castle, The courtyard of the former Castle is enclosed by a wall embattled, drilled a porte-cochère and a pedestrian door arches, double. The building was built on the (...) Castle, French Heritage monument to Berstett berstett, bas rhin
The complete official record is available at Région Alsace - Service de l'Inventaire du Patrimoine culturelPalais du Rhin - 2 Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.15.38.31
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.