Mill House, French Heritage monument to Mackenheim
Set consisting of a House and a barn with accommodation. Building against the canal that borders on the side of the pinion, the logis is mixed. It has a partial basement and a ground floor coated with a floor square timber masonry. A long pan roof, Gable facing the highways, the covers. The bays on the ground floor are equipped with sandstone frames, those upstairs are wood. The initials that accompany the vintage carved on the lintel of the entrance are the master book couple (F.W.1858.E.B.). Awnings are placed on the main gear. A mill seems to have existed in the same location (?) at the end of the 16th century. Owned by the nobles of Zimmern, he came into possession of Flachslanden family during the 18th century. A family of Millers, the Walters, resides, and was active there until 1881 (historical information). In the 4th quarter of the 19th century the mill between communal heritage and is transformed into forest home. For many years the building does more that the sole function of logis. The up date is its construction in the middle of the 19th century, precisely in 1858.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Mill House, Set consisting of a House and a barn with accommodation. Building against the canal that borders on the side of the pinion, the logis is mixed. It has a (...) Mill House, French Heritage monument to Mackenheim mackenheim, bas rhin
The complete official record is available at Région Alsace - Service de l'Inventaire du Patrimoine culturelPalais du Rhin - 2 Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.15.38.31
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.