Fortification of agglomeration, French Heritage monument to Rosheim
The two walls of speakers are covered with limestone rubble of coating
* the 1st level of the doors is made of sandstone of medium size stones unit with General marks
* at higher levels, presence of chains of angles in Ashlar sandstone. the towers have 1, 2 and sometimes 3 square floors
* only the passages of the 2 inner enclosure doors are vaulted in cradle, as well as the ground floor of two towers. the floor of the door of the school is covered by a vault
* the doors are protected by shell tile and slate covered polygonal arrows: door of the City Hall
* terrace 2 rounds in 1218, during the invasion of Lorraine, Rosheim is protected by a lifting of Earth with Palisade
* the Interior stone is constructed in the 13th century, before 1267
* the outer wall stone dated from the 14th century
* After the bombardment of the town by the troops of Mansfeld in 1622, it goes back to the outer wall and the towers from 1648
* changes during the 19th century: outer wall reduced in height in 1835, demolition of the West Gate
* at the beginning of the 20th century, demolition of the North wall of the outer wall, mark hack, dated by historical works
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(fortification of agglomeration, rosheim)
fortification of agglomeration, The two walls of speakers are covered with limestone rubble of coating; the 1st level of the doors is made of sandstone of medium size stones unit with General (...) Fortification of agglomeration, French Heritage monument to Rosheim rosheim, bas rhin
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.