Tannery Bisch, then weaving mechanics of Rosheim, Mattenmuhl, small metal Adam, industrial equipment plant Rafflenbeul plant, then Laleh, French Heritage monument to Rosheim
The site consists in its western part, the former tannery lined discounts and former weaving flanked to the south of the engine room and boiler room. At the workshops is to develop the invoice modern, built in several phases after the Second World War. The tannery was built in uncoated stones on a base of sandstone blocks molded, has a basement, a ground floor and a roof overhead to boot. The roof is framed with long half-ridges and tiles. The frames of the windows are rectangular in pink sandstone. The south elevation is pierced in the basement of a partially walled door with a lintel is inscribed 1808. Weaving, north of the tannery, consists of 8 spans sheds on the ground floor, supported by seven rows of four cast iron columns. Built in sandstone rubble coated on base of sandstone blocks seats, is covered in tiles and glass lifts on the northern slopes of the sheds. The gears are pierced with circular oculi identified bricks. This weaving is flanked to the north of a workshop on the ground floor, built in masonry coated and covered with long hex tiles mechanical. South adjoins the old boiler with placed at right angles, the former engine room. The boiler is extended by a more recent construction, has an elevation south punctuated by three arched windows with brick surround and support projecting sandstone. The engine room on a floor square has elevations sequenced four bays with bay of the same style as the boiler room. Built in sandstone rubble, it is roofed with long tails tile mechanical. Workshops located on the eastern part of the site is divided into three sections on the ground floor. The first consists of 10 spans of sheds, is flanked on the west by a body building long sides and roof tiles, surmounted by three skylights skylight. A parapet crown all elevations masonry coated with this set and gives it its unity. The sheds, mechanical and glass tile north, are supported by metal poles. The second section, roofed terrace, has a metal frame hourdée masonry coated. The last section in the east, is the same bill with a blanket with long tails asbestos cement. A transformer lies south of the workshops. The site occupied until 1993 by Ets Holweg is threefold. We distinguish fact three distinct parts, later met under the auspices of Ets Holweg, which are distributed on both sides of the street Bischoffsheim. In 1829, at the time of the establishment of the Napoleonic cadastre, the western part of the site is occupied by a tannery operated by Nicolas Bisch. Nestled on the banks of the creek Rosenmeer, it may have been founded in 1808, vintage worn on the lintel of a door of the basement, drilled on the southern elevation. In 1844, the property is forwarded to Nicolas Bisch son. It is regulated by a decree dated 7 September 1861 which mentions the presence on site of a mill tan. Emile Bisch becomes the owner of the factory in 1881. The tannery activity is attested until 1889. Subsequently, the buildings are reassigned to agricultural use and are acquired by Joseph Wagner to 1894. In 1899, a textile company, Rosheimer Mechanische Bundweberei Aktiengesellschaft, goes purchaser of the site and had built a weaving and a machine room and a boiler room north of the original tannery. It serves residential and dependencies are used as industrial warehouse. The textile industry began on 15 December 1899. In 1948, the company that operates the facility changes its name and becomes the "Weaving mechanics Rosheim" headed by Felix Alexander. The eastern part of the site is composed of two separate locations. Parcels north and east are acquired in 1928 by "Gustave Rafflenbeul" subsidiary company eponymous Schweln Germany. It specializes in the construction of machines shoemaking workshops are built probably in the late 1920s. On 19 March 1945, the buildings and machinery of the company Rafflenbeul are sequestered and leased as of September 3, 1945 to "Mechanical Engineering Workshops Holweg C. & A." Strasbourg that produce machinery and stationery printing. In 1949, they go all purchasers by auction. They then build new workshops on site. This new unit was enlarged in 1971 and again in 1976. Furthermore, Ets Holweg bought in 1952, a second plant located southeast of the influence of society Rafflenbeul. It is the old mill called Mattenmühl (perhaps founded in 1577 if we stick to the date shown on the lintel has been preserved after demolition) converted into mechanical workshop by Charles Adam in 1924 . Finally, in 1961, Ets Holweg acquire weaving on the other side of the street after the cessation of operations during the 1950s. Therefore, the site does more than and operated until 1993. Abandoned as a result of bankruptcy of the company Holweg, buildings are subject to a permit to demolish to make way for a residential program. In 1903, weaving employs 84 workers. In 1971, Ets Holweg have 210 employees, 126 in 1979 and 153 in 1992.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Tannery Bisch, then weaving mechanics of Rosheim, Mattenmuhl, small metal Adam, industrial equipment plant Rafflenbeul plant, then Laleh, « Tannery Bisch, then weaving mechanics of Rosheim, Mattenmuhl, small metal Adam, industrial equipment plant Rafflenbeul plant, then Laleh » is a construction of the city of Rosheim (France, Bas rhin). Tannery Bisch, then weaving mechanics of Rosheim, Mattenmuhl, small metal Adam, industrial equipment plant Rafflenbeul plant, then Laleh, French Heritage monument to Rosheim rosheim, bas rhin
The complete official record is available at Région Alsace - Service de l'Inventaire du Patrimoine culturelPalais du Rhin - 2 Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.15.38.31
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.