Chocolate factory of the French company of chocolates and teas, then l Schall et Cie, then commercial building, French Heritage monument to Strasbourg

The old hydroelectric is sandstone (stone and rubble more coated) with a long covered sections of iron roof. Interiors have been completely redesigned in its re-use in commercial private building. The former offices with industrial shops are also stone and sandstone rubble. This building has 2 square floors and a roof with two sections of flat tiles with croup. The chocolate factory of the French company teas and chocolates was founded in 1871 and enlarged in 1894. The (now defunct) hydroelectric turbine dates back to 1900. Become the property of the company Schall (at a date unknown), she ceased around 1975. His workshop was demolished between 1980 and 1988. Today only remains the building of small hydroelectric power (totally desequipe at the end of the 1990s, during its conversion into living room-sauna) and the building which housed offices and industrial shops. This last was profoundly reorganized in its conversion to commercial private buildings (restaurant and nightclub).

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Chocolate factory of the French company of chocolates and teas, then l Schall et Cie, then commercial building
Crédit photo : (Chocolate factory of the French company of chocolates and teas, then l Schall et Cie, then commercial building, strasbourg)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Chocolate factory of the French company of chocolates and teas, then l Schall et Cie, then commercial building, « Chocolate factory of the French company of chocolates and teas, then l Schall et Cie, then commercial building » is a construction of the city of Strasbourg (France, Bas rhin). Chocolate factory of the French company of chocolates and teas, then l Schall et Cie, then commercial building, French Heritage monument to Strasbourg strasbourg, bas rhin

Location and general information

  • identifier : 111652
  • item : Chocolaterie de la Compagnie Française des Chocolats et des Thés, puis L. Schall et Cie, puis édifice commercial
  • Location of the building :
    • Alsace
    • Bas-Rhin
    • Strasbourg
  • Address : 17 rue des Moulins
  • Place name : Centre
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 67482
  • Zip code of the municipality : 67000
  • Order in the communal list : 55
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : Chocolate
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : revised

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 3rd quarter 19th century
  • Years :
    • 1871
    • 1894
    • 1900
  • Investigation : 1992 ; 2004
  • Date taken into account : 2005/04/19

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 3 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • rubble
    • coating
    • sandstone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 3 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • gable roof
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) : 2 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • tile
    • iron cover
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 2 storey square
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'regular rectangular'

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • This building has been assigned the following use : commercial building

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Buchheit Chip
  • Mérimée reference : IA67012026

The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire AlsacePalais du Rhin - Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.23.42.00

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Utilisateur anonyme est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.