Church parish Saint-Blaise, French Heritage monument to St mitre les remparts
The commune of Saint-Mitre-les-Remparts is at the centre of a network of ponds including the étang de Berre, the ponds of Citis and Po. The village does not seem to go beyond the 12th century. At the beginning of the 15th century, 1405, Archbishop of Arles gives permission to surround the city's ramparts. The city develops continuously since that time, raising still largely preserved houses. A particular phase of growth is observed at the end of the 16th and early 17th century. In the 12th century, the Church is a simple castle chapel. In the 17th century, it is expanded to the South and change of orientation: the nave Romanesque, oriented East-West, became one of the four spans of the classic nave extended by a choir in five sections. A bell tower was built next to the old choir.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : pierre bastien (Church parish Saint-Blaise, st mitre les remparts)
Church parish Saint-Blaise, The commune of Saint-Mitre-les-Remparts is at the centre of a network of ponds including the étang de Berre, the ponds of Citis and Po. The village does not (...) Church parish Saint-Blaise, French Heritage monument to St mitre les remparts st mitre les remparts, bouches du rhone
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by pierre bastien :
église St Blaise
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.