Longues sur mer

Description

longues sur mer, French city Department of calvados with 35 historical sites listed or simply studied for their remarkable character.
Our database currently includes 35 elements for heritage longues sur mer. You will find the menu and footer links leading you on the description sheets.

There are 6 localities (Place called, location known as) in Longues sur mer : le planet ; le mesnil ; aunay ; fontenailles ; la buhennerie ; marigny.

listeds buildings (classified and protected) in Longues sur mer

Monuments in Longues sur mer, Longues sur mer has 4 buildings protected. Include :

  1. Ancienne abbaye Sainte-Marie official reference : PA00111502 ;
  2. official reference : PA00111503 ;
  3. Eglise de Fontenailles official reference : PA00111504 ;
  4. Batterie de Longues official reference : PA00132892
Please note this list is likely to evolve, the data presented are from 2013.

Places of Culture

Museum longues sur mer, longues sur mer has 1 Museum :

  • Musée Baron Gérard (Hôtel du Doyen, rue Lambert Leforestier 14400 bayeux)

Cinema de longues sur mer, longues sur mer has 1 cinema :

  • melies (10/12 rue genas duhomme, 14400 longues sur mer)

Statistics for Longues sur mer

Town or city :
Postcode of city : 14400
Insee code : 14377
Longitude : -0.711806
Latitude : 49.280692
Total population : 599 people
place called : 6
path : 16
dead : 2
route : 8
st : 6
square : 2

German Atlantic wall Longues-sur-Mer battery
As part of the German Atlantic wall, Longues-sur-Mer battery is located 8 km north of Bayeux, Calvados, West of Arromanches-les-Bains in Normandy. Longues-sur-Mer overlooking the ocean that it dominates from the top of a high cliff of 65 metres, making, implicitly, an ideal location that the Germans exploited to install a battery of four 150 mm guns. It is one of the few vestiges of the Atlantic wall still intact today.

Church of Fontenailles to Longues sur mer
The Church of Fontenailles, gives us a novel choir composed of two spans, a bedside rectangular and arched a full-handlebar. The columns that support the rounded arches of the vault are grouped three to three, according to the usual system; the triumphal arch between the chancel and the nave was rebuilt from the capitals of the columns: the window that occupies the centre of the apse is later in the other windows of the choir.

Long battery, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 3
This farm, located on a cliff overlooking the English channel, is a testimony of the defence system, said of the Atlantic wall, set up by the German army (...) Long battery, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Primary school (girls school), French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 9
Former primary girls school replacing one established at Marigny; 1912 building project by e. Lair, architect in Bayeux, adjourned because of the war of 1914-19 (...) Primary school (girls school), French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Houses, Hotels and travel, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 8
2 percent of the homes and hotels in returned travellers date mainly from the 16th century; 3 percent of the 17th century; 48 per cent of the 18th century and (...) Houses, Hotels and travel, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Cross, Monument to the dead, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 7
Wayside cross erected in the 2nd half of the 19th century. Monument to the dead of the war of 1914-1918 already in place in 1920. Signed bas-relief by sculptor (...) Cross, Monument to the dead, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Marigny cemetery, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 6
« Marigny cemetery » is a construction of the city of Longues sur mer (France, Calvados). Marigny cemetery, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Castle, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 5
Corps de logis: coated rubble, before body stone. the common wing: rubble, frames of openings, cornice and brick, broken roof mentioned remains strains in 1651, (...) Castle, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Presentation of the city Longues-sur-Mer, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 37
In 1861 attachment by the municipalities of Marigny and Fontenailles. Site class on 16 November 1918 and registered on 31 August 1967. (...) Presentation of the city Longues-sur-Mer, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Moulin de Ramakrishnan, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 36
Mill said Ramakrishnan, probably flour mill, built may be in the 16th century for the western part, and in the 17th century for the part is; not worked already (...) Moulin de Ramakrishnan, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Mill Turquois, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 35
Old windmill, type turquois, built late Middle age, perhaps in the 14th century (inner doorway arched). as mill abandoned in the 18th century on the Cassini (...) Mill Turquois, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Manoir de Fontenailles, and then closes the turret and closes the mountain, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 34
Logis: Tower in-work, in rubble with overhanging stone turret, completed by a Saddleback roof and contains a spiral staircase; the mountain farm accommodation: (...) Manoir de Fontenailles, and then closes the turret and closes the mountain, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Farm of the flag, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 33
In rubble: logis, barn horses, saddlery, laundry, press and bakery; Logis: 1 floor, staircase in-work; former housing of the owner: 1 floor with a single room (...) Farm of the flag, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Auberge de l'Abbaye, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 32
Auberge de l'Abbaye, probably made in the 19th century by the gathering of old cottages of labourers and artisans; built in the 18th century for some (graffiti (...) Auberge de l'Abbaye, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer

Semaphore, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer 31
Semaphore built for the Department of the Navy; work started in summer 1937 (the testimony of the owner); decommissioned in 1969 and replaced in 1971 by the (...) Semaphore, French Heritage monument to Longues sur mer