Spinning flax, and hydroelectric, French Heritage monument to Mezidon canon
Water building brick. Workshop on the ground floor of limestone and brick, tile-covered rubble mechanics and glass. Housing management to a square floor, timber and coated, covered with flat tile. Fitness brick and pan wood, covered with flat tile. Built in 1826 by neighbour on the site of a mill wheat to two turns that belonged to the Abbey of Sainte-Barbe, this spinning is the first hydraulic plant spinning flax in Pays d'Auge. Regulated by order of September 5, 1826, it was rebuilt after fire occurred on October 28, 1843 and again regulated on December 18, 1854 and August 28, 1856. Burnt down in 1867, inactive in 1890, it is converted into hydroelectric power plant (power of 10 kw) by sleeve in 1895 to ensure the lighting of the village of Mezidon.installation to a new machine to steam in 1850. Two hydraulic turbines attested circa 1860. Implementation of a dynamo and a new steam engine to 1901.Plus of 300 workers in 1867, two workers assigned to the operation of the power plant in 1912.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
spinning flax, and hydroelectric, Water building brick. Workshop on the ground floor of limestone and brick, tile-covered rubble mechanics and glass. Housing management to a square floor, (...) Spinning flax, and hydroelectric, French Heritage monument to Mezidon canon mezidon canon, calvados
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Basse-Normandie - Direction de l'inventaire général du patrimoine culturel13 bis, rue Saint-Ouen 14052 Caen Cedex 04 - 02.31.38.39.30
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.