The logis is located southeast of the town in a small valley. It is accompanied by a farm, to the South, with which it communicates through a portal to batteries. It has a U-shaped plan. The main body, whose facade on Court is to the West, has four large bays. The roof is long sides and rump in the North. In return square, to the South, is a covered a long pans and gambrel roof wing. The northeast corner is a square Tower covered pavilion. In return for square, to the North, adjoining the tower and the North elevation of the House lies a body of lower building. The Court is closed by a low wall topped with a grid, punctuated by stone pillars. In 1692, the domaine des Forges belonged to Jean Vidaud, Squire, Lord of the Forges. This family of relatively poor soldiers had alliances with the Mallet and the James. The House, which appears on the cadastral map of 1835, seems to date from the 18th century. Openings have been revised in the 19th century.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(Manor house, turgon)
Manor house, The logis is located southeast of the town in a small valley. It is accompanied by a farm, to the South, with which it communicates through a portal to (...) Manor house, French Heritage monument to Turgonturgon, charente
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.