Presentation of the city Saint-Christophe-le-Chaudry, French Heritage monument to St christophe le chaudry
With an area of 17, 52 km2 (one of the smallest municipalities of the canton), Saint-Christophe-le-Chaudry is located at the end is of the canton, bordering the commune of Saulzais-le-Potier on the East of the forest of Bornacq (Loye-sur-Arnon) separated from the municipality of Reigny by the Arnon on the West and North. The Arnon Valley extends here to make room for an alluvial plain. The plateau bordering the East consists of a landscape of Moors, Woods and numerous ponds (which fed Mills said only one of St. Kitts stands still). In addition to the few areas agricultural isolated (12), habitat is mainly concentrated in the village and from the 19th century in the gaps along the provincial road 62 (la Brande of Saint - Martin, the drop of the Saints). Saint-Christophe-le-Chaudry is a village of medieval creation at the crossing of two ancient roads: the way Gallo-Roman Mediolanum (Châteaumeillant) in Aquis-Neris (Néris-les-Bains, Allier) and the medieval road connecting the towns of Culan and Montrond. There is in the hamlet of le Colombier remnants of a so-called motte castrale motte of Omerat. The Church Saint-Christophe is in the 12th century the appointment of Deols Abbey. She became parish as in 1365 and depend on the Archpriest of Huriel (Allier), represented by the King. This parish was dependent on the seigneury of Culan
* in the 16th century, it is counted 3 fiefs (the forest Grailly, Lande Chevrier and la Motte). In the 16th century, Saint-Christophe-le-Chaudry is the least populated parish: 36 fires, or about 180 inhabitants. Its population is regularly increases to reach at the end of the 18th century 57 fires (approximately 280 inhabitants). The Cassini map notes 12 places in a proportion of 7 isolated for 5 pellets. By 1860, the town develops (312 inhabitants) reaching 403 inhabitants in 1891. The frame increases proportionally: 54 houses in 1861 and 84 houses in 1901, divided between town and differences of the Brande de Saint-Martin and the drop of the Saints. At the 1999 census the population is 133 for a total frame of 72 houses.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Presentation of the city Saint-Christophe-le-Chaudry, With an area of 17, 52 km2 (one of the smallest municipalities of the canton), Saint-Christophe-le-Chaudry is located at the end is of the canton, bordering (...) Presentation of the city Saint-Christophe-le-Chaudry, French Heritage monument to St christophe le chaudry st christophe le chaudry, cher
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.