Chapel of the Oratorians, French Heritage monument to Beaune

The plan centered on cut sections, nave covered with a polygonal cupola, is inscribed in a square solid with 4 angles are extended by an apse apse chapels. The chorus consists of a span square under low dome and a semi-circular apse. The coast North and South of the span of the choir are bordered by corridors topped by forums. The tomb of the Oratoriensse beneath the southern corridor. April 8, 1710, the Rollin, Dijon sculptor had the quote of a statue of Virgin Mary the child overcoming a banner inscribed URBIS ET ORBIS HONOS and weapons of the Brunet family
* unclear if this statue was destroyed in the Revolution or has never been carried out. The chapel of the oratory was built from 1708 to 1710 on the plans of the architect Louis Trestournel, brother of the Congregation of the oratory. The elevation on the Chapel to the right of the front Street, including its window and the pilaster right, are the repairs by the end of the 19th century (see annex I). The mosaic floor is a reconstruction of the 19th century.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Chapel of the Oratorians
(Chapel of the Oratorians, beaune)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Chapel of the Oratorians, The plan centered on cut sections, nave covered with a polygonal cupola, is inscribed in a square solid with 4 angles are extended by an apse apse chapels. The (...) Chapel of the Oratorians, French Heritage monument to Beaune beaune, cote d'or

Location and general information

  • identifier : 25026
  • item : Ancienne chapelle d'oratoriens
  • Location of the building :
    • Bourgogne
    • Côte-d'Or
    • Beaune
  • Address : 75 rue de Lorraine
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 21054
  • Zip code of the municipality : 21200
  • Order in the communal list : 10
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : chapel
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction :
    • We have no information on the time of construction of this monument.
  • Year : 1708
  • Investigation : 1988
  • Date of protection : 1921/04/12 : classé MH
  • Date taken into account : 2001/10/08

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 5 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • rubble
    • coating
    • ashlar
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 4 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • polygonal hipped
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is flat tile
  • Other about the composition roofs : 2 modes of coverage are listed
    • cul-de-four
    • cupola
  • Floors :
    • floor type : 1 vessel
  • Stairs : 4 types of stairs have been cataloged in this monument, stairs are of type :
    • spiral staircase
    • in frame
    • staircase
    • staircase
  • Decoration of the building : 2 forms of decoration are present
    • sculpture
    • mosaic
  • Representation : 2 ornamental motifs have been identified
    • geometric ornament
    • Corinthian
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • Plan Type 'Plan massaged'

Monument and history of the place

  • Building containing : collège
  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use : This building has been used in different ways over time. We know 2 successive uses. :
    • show room
    • Commercial Court

Other

  • Other : 2 various other information are available
    • polygonal pattern with waves on the ground
    • capitals Corinthians property of the municipality
  • Picture : 75f531dafbb0bf7f629a88698bb57b51.jpg
  • Authors of the survey MH :
    • Olivereau Christian
    • Fromaget Brigitte
  • Mérimée reference : IA21000105

The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Bourgogne - Service chargé de l'inventaireHôtel Chartraire de Montigny - 39/41, rue Vannerie 21000 Dijon - 03.80.72.53.33

Men involved in this construction


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.