Chapelle Saint-Pierre to Nolay
Nolay, formerly NOULAY
Nolletum, Nolliacum, Noviliacum and Noulizerum, according to a title of 1316, parish, term St. Martin, Archpriest of layers, patronage of the Abbess of Saint - John of Autun. Olivier de Vienne, parish priest, is erected in 1424, a mepart of ten priests and two clerics. The first each had 15 books, the parish priest was the Chief. Ant. Chalon, Bishop Antun, its parent, he resigned his bishopric; but the chapter being opposed, Jean Rolin was elected to the recommendation of Louis XII, and Olivier was the deanery in 1501. René de Chaudenay, Canon regular of Saint-Symphorien, parish priest of Nolay, in 1534, gave to mepart in 1558, 200 pounds of annuity and ECU 80 Sun, charged to say Passion at noon.
The Church, very damaged by Calvinists who burned titles in 1574, fell into ruin in 1642, was repaired and blessed by c. de Bagny; It was well decorated for 10 years; the choir and sanctuary woods with a beautiful altar at the Roman. I know few churches where the oflice is more decently and where the clergy be smoother.
The mepart was set at eight priests in 1572, five in 1620; but the plague of 1636 and the fall of the Church, 6 years after, did them desert. Per transaction with parishioners, confirmed by judgment in 1665, the parish priest and his vicar took a third priest to help and share revenues from the mepart. One mepartiste being excommunicated in 1559, another served for him with four whites per day; in 1564, another was in the danger of plague houses.
Several chapels; that of Ste-Anne, founded by Adrien Lebault and Anne Fleurier, in 1643; that of the Nativity, by Jeanne Genreau in 1723; that of St. - Quentin, by Philibert Regniault, in 1730. The chaplain must say prayer evening, singing Stabat and make the reading of the Gospel in lent. That of Notre-Dame de Pitié, by Pierre Dumois, Chaplain of Sainte-Anne, in 1743; all chaplains must assist the priest in his duties, confess assiduously, visiting the sick, attend services, etc.
Two chapels in the village
One of St. - Pierre with a former cemetery; that of St. - Hubert, instead said the Grange Champion. It comes to build houses in place of the chapel of St. - Sulpice, who was very old, with cemetery, where there are tombs containing the bones of a prodigious size, likely the first growlers, Sidonius calls septipedes.
Ancient Brotherhood of the Holy Sacrament; According to a title of 1316, absent less than five leagues colleagues will give a pound of wax; they must eat together the day of Corpus Christi, and let dying the best of their dresses to church.
Source: General Description and of the Duchy of Burgundy by Claude Courtépée and Edmond Beguillet 1847.
Crédit photo : perrine (Chapelle Saint-Pierre, nolay)
Chapelle Saint-Pierre, Two chapels in the village One of St. - Pierre with a former cemetery; that of St. - Hubert, instead said the Grange Champion. It comes to build houses in place of the chapel of St. - Sulpice, who was very old, with cemetery, where there are tombs containing the bones of a prodigious size, likely the first growlers, Sidonius calls septipedes. nolay, cote d'or
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Bourgogne - Service chargé de l'inventaireHôtel Chartraire de Montigny - 39/41, rue Vannerie 21000 Dijon - 03.80.72.53.33
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.