Chapelle Saint-Jacques and fountain from Tremeven
There are so romantic ruins of the fortress of Coatmen, name so gloriously cited in so many pages of our history. The castle had two main towers at 300 not the one from the other. The most advanced inland was square; the other was cylindrical. A deep ditch was around this nest of Eagle, established on a platform overlooking a vast, rich Hill, at the foot of which flows the Leff, the river of tears. The round tower remains standing on the edge of a precipice, like a ghost in the silent solitude of horror. At the other end of the stronghold, was the feudal Chapel in the ruins of which were found human bones and old coins. A centuries-old granite cross bows near the road to indicate the avenue of the remains of the valiant Knights whose feats astonished Europe, Africa and Asia.
In the same town the road is bordered by the village of Saint Jacques, where we see a splendid fountain, a cross, remarkable in granite and a high and ancient chapel that is attributed to the Knights Templar. This was to be the capital of the parish. The Church of Tremeven is bad, and the scarce resources of the commune cannot be sufficient to its rebuilding. It is held in Santiago a weekly market we would like to see approved, to give more life to this village in a beautiful site, as a trade link between Lanvollon and the port of Pontrieux.
Source: Breton library: Collection of unpublished or little known pieces published by Charles Le Maout 1851
The village of Saint Jacques is the largest of the commune and its territory is the most remarkable part.
It contains a chapel known as him of saint Jacques, his boss, and whose construction dates back to the fifteenth century. This Chapel, although it has been diminished, is still spacious wrong ; There is a relief in white marble, and a stained glass window which deserve attention.
The fountain is very beautiful: it is decorated with a niche. Stone, with a great dhnension, very hard Granite statue saint Jacques.
Source: The Côtes-du-Nord: history and geography of all cities and towns by Benjamin - Philibert Jollivet 1854
Crédit photo : gerardgg (Chapelle Saint-Jacques and fountain, tremeven)
Chapelle Saint-Jacques and fountain, The village of Saint Jacques is the largest of the commune and its territory is the most remarkable part. It contains a chapel known as him of saint Jacques, his boss, and whose construction dates back to the fifteenth century. This Chapel, although it has been diminished, is still spacious wrong tremeven, cotes d'armor
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.