Chapel of the Visitation, French Heritage monument to Crocq
Building entirely rebuilt in the 19th century
* on the basis of a 15th-century building destroyed. This Chapel, originally outside the wall was called: Chapel of the cemetery of 1612 to 1741 (the ancient cemetery of Crocq was around this Chapel before being transferred, in 1834, behind the old Citadel, at a place called the Rochat)
* Chapel of our Lady of good help from 1748 to 1752
* Chapel of the cemetery from 1755 to 1767
* Chapel of merchants in 1762
* Chapel of our Lady of the Visitation from 1768.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(Chapel of the Visitation, crocq)
Chapel of the Visitation, Building entirely rebuilt in the 19th century; on the basis of a 15th-century building destroyed. This Chapel, originally outside the wall was called: Chapel (...) Chapel of the Visitation, French Heritage monument to Crocq crocq, creuse
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Chapelle de la Visitation, crocq
Description of this building by Lumière du matin :
Elle date du XIIème siècle. Achetée en 1796, par le Comte Joseph Cornudet, restaurée et transformée en crypte familiale en 1857.
Donnée à la commune en 1989.
A l'extérieur, il faut remarquer sous la corniche les modillons, le clocheton couvert en bardeaux de châtaignier est l'ancienne lanterne des morts du cimetière qui jouxtait la chapelle.
A l'intérieur, le triptyque de Saint-Eloi (XVIème siècle), classé monument historique. Les tableaux de la Vierge à l'enfant, de l'annonciation et de la nativité sont inscrits à l'inventaire supplémentaire.
source: Association pour la sauvegarde du vieux Crocq et de son environnement - Crocq (23)
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.