Tile factory and Brickyard Guimond, then Dupré, Thekkath, French Heritage monument to Bouille loretz
The complex of buildings is in rubble of coated limestone, apart from the repair shop, the engine room, tunnel kiln and the water tower built in brick. All are equipped with a wooden frame and a tile roof hollow, with the exception of management housing covered hilltops in mechanical tile roof and those of the two most recent hangars cement asbestos. A wide rump covers one end of the shed, which was formerly used kiln and workshop
* its frame rests on masonry piers. An identical hangar located behind the repair shop was rebuilt and raised. wood Poles support. Both coated ovens are built on the same model, but the second one is a bit bigger than the first. This Brickyard tuilerie, belonged to a. Guimond and Mr. Dupré, was taken circa 1926 by Clovis Tranchet. The latter is build management housing next to the buildings of production. The three quarries of land lie within a radius of 1-5 km. First coated oven seems to date back to the founding of the company, as one of the hangars used dryer. The work is done entirely by hand, 1000 hollow tiles can be thus manufactured per day. The first moulder operates with a diesel engine installed in a small building built for this body. Clovis Tranchet stops its activity prior to 1940 and it is that in 1954, his son, Moses, raise the case, which will be its name in 1967. The manufacture of brick Plasterers will become the main production. A landscaped dryer will work throughout the year. The first oven heated up here in the wood is supplied with fuel from the 1960s. A second oven coated, with a capacity of 20 tonnes of goods, was built in 1965, with refractory bricks made on-site. Machines will be purchased little by little
* It won't work to electricity from the 1970s. A 72 HP boat engine will be previously used to operate. Manufacturing is done in a hangar built for this purpose and in a corner of the old shed used also dryer. Another higher shed replaces an old dryer in the 1970s. Deliveries are made by truck to the major sites of subdivisions of Saumur and Mauléon, for example. The installation of drywall soon causes the price-cutting of the plâtrières bricks. The company ceases its activity when Moïse Tranchet retired in 1992. A part of the sheds was demolished, but the rest of the buildings remained in the State
* employer housing is still inhabited.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
tile factory and Brickyard Guimond, then Dupré, Thekkath, The complex of buildings is in rubble of coated limestone, apart from the repair shop, the engine room, tunnel kiln and the water tower built in brick. All are (...) Tile factory and Brickyard Guimond, then Dupré, Thekkath, French Heritage monument to Bouille loretz bouille loretz, deux sevres
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Poitou-Charentes - Service chargé de l'inventaire102, Grand'Rue - BP 553 86020 Poitiers Cedex - 05.49.36.30.30
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.