Mill wheat and flour; currently commercial warehouse and lodging, French Heritage monument to Pamproux
The oldest buildings are coated rubble, they have been enlarged in the 1930s by bodies of pan metal and brick building. The workshop is equipped with three floors square surmounted of a floor filled with slate roof. Employer housing is two-storey square with Pavilion slate roof. Other housing, in the alignment, have a square floor and a full House at addition. A mill flour, said mill first mentioned in the 12th century, it depended on the Priory of Pamproux. At the end of the 17th century, a new mill is built and then sold to the Revolution. CA. 1874, a flour mill was built on the site of the old mill first for Honoré Richard. In 1883 is installed a steam engine, which is built in 1900 a building which the brick chimney was shot to death in 1985. The housing of the Miller was rebuilt CA. 1898. In 1918, the widow of Richard directs the case
* 80 quintals of wheat can be treated there daily. Cylinder machines, screeners and the plansichters are driven by a waterwheel developing 20 horsepower and a 40 HP steam engine The warehouses and stores have a capacity of 1200 quintals of wheat and flour 150 q. The workshop is extended on the South side in the 1920s. Milling capacity is still growing, and in 1926, 130 quintals of wheat may will be processed in a day. A diesel engine is installed in 1933
* It was probably at this time that buildings are considerably expanded from the South and west sides. In the 1960s, the company is headed by Mr. Vigier, which is moving towards the production of animal feed. It seems that activity stops around 1970, and since then, buildings are housing and warehouse.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(mill wheat and flour; currently commercial warehouse and lodging, pamproux)
mill wheat and flour; currently commercial warehouse and lodging, The oldest buildings are coated rubble, they have been enlarged in the 1930s by bodies of pan metal and brick building. The workshop is equipped with three (...) Mill wheat and flour; currently commercial warehouse and lodging, French Heritage monument to Pamproux pamproux, deux sevres
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Poitou-Charentes - Service chargé de l'inventaire102, Grand'Rue - BP 553 86020 Poitiers Cedex - 05.49.36.30.30
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.