Dairy and cheese factory industrial Riblaire, French Heritage monument to St varent
The oldest buildings, seemingly dating the years 1910-1920, are rubble granite coated with wood frame. The circular fireplace brick of the dairy was trimmed to a height of about 5 m. the workshop and stores of powder milk, as well as other buildings in the late 1960s, are part of metal and concrete cinder block. Buildings between 1970 and 1980 are pan of metal with wall of cinder block of concrete to a height of about 2 m topped metal siding. The most recent workshops are steel structure and cladding metal
* fire concrete cinder block walls are erected between the different parts of the workshops. At the entrance, a worker housing has a square floor and everything roofed in Slate. The offices of the 1960s are cinder block of concrete on a square floor. Riblaire dairy was founded in 1893 by Clément Vivon and Paul Réau. The quality of the product butter will ensure the development of the institution. A cheese factory and a caseinerie appended to the dairy in 1911 by Paul Réau, in buildings erected in front of the previous. Paul Réau removal in 1914 the brand cheese from Riblaire. In the 1930s, the dairy is subject to many changes, while the caseinerie cheese is rebuilt. The company, whose productions include butter, casein, milk of cow and goat cheeses, is then the largest dairy private Department. Its owners have many houses in the hamlet, and a café at the entrance to the dairy. In 1961, the latter forms a union with Laubrecais and Secondigny dairies, which allows the installation of a manufacturing unit of powdered milk on the site, so that stops the production of casein. In 1965, the factory is sold to company Atlalait, a dairy group of Nantes (44), which is integrated with the Besnier group in the 1980s. From 1983, the activity will focus on the cheese with the transfer of the workshop butter in Challans (85). Milk powder manufacturing ceased in 1987. In the 1990s began the manufacture of feta for goat. The cheese factory is expanded in 1994 with the construction of a workshop for the moulding, refining and packaging. With the closure of some dairies of the group, the collection of Riblaire area expanded considerably between 1990 and 1998, and new buildings are built to cope with the increase in the volume of milk treated. Since 1995, the manufacture specializes in goat cheese, and Riblaire no longer provides that collection and concentration of cow's milk then treated in another unit. In 1999, the Bernstein group takes the name of Lactalis
* Riblaire is located in the Tradition Lanquetot company division since 2001. In 2003, 20% of the production is exported, and new work of expansion are underway. In the 1960s, 100 people work on the site. In 2003, 250 people are employed, including 50 drivers.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
dairy and cheese factory industrial Riblaire, The oldest buildings, seemingly dating the years 1910-1920, are rubble granite coated with wood frame. The circular fireplace brick of the dairy was trimmed to (...) Dairy and cheese factory industrial Riblaire, French Heritage monument to St varent st varent, deux sevres
The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Poitou-Charentes102, Grand'rue 86020 Poitiers - 05.49.36.30.30
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.