Wheat mill, then flour Baudin-Allard, French Heritage monument to St varent
The old workshop in coated rubble, had two-storey square before the fire
* It was lowered to a level. Employer housing has a square floor. The two buildings damaged by fire were covered with cement asbestos. The new workshop of manufacturing, cement concrete, has three floors square. The metal frame is covered with an asbestos cement roof. In 1882, two watermills juxtaposed, related to two windmills, operated one by Pierre Coutault, the other by Pierre Simmoneau. Pierre Coutault had rebuilt his mill in 1887 and converted flour mill during the 1st quarter of the 20th century, while the other stops working. In the 1930s, flour milling capacity is 60 quintals per day. Purchased by Joseph Baudin in 1947, it was taken over by the son of the latter in 1968 after buildings have been ruined in a fire. New premises, which the plan is designed by a company installation, are built in 500 m from the first site. This new mill runs only on electricity. Joseph Baudin son joins forces with his brother-in-law and founded the company Baudin-Allard. Better conditions of access to the building and the much larger premises allow the company to grow. The establishment is also extended to 1976. The two sons of the partners have taken over since the 1990s, and the company is still in business. The first mill buildings have been rehabilitated.At the time of the fire, the equipment included four cylinder machines and a pneumatic system recently installed a turbine-driven. A diesel engine was the hydraulic power during periods of low water.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
wheat mill, then flour Baudin-Allard, The old workshop in coated rubble, had two-storey square before the fire; It was lowered to a level. Employer housing has a square floor. The two buildings (...) Wheat mill, then flour Baudin-Allard, French Heritage monument to St varent st varent, deux sevres
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Poitou-Charentes - Service chargé de l'inventaire102, Grand'Rue - BP 553 86020 Poitiers Cedex - 05.49.36.30.30
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.