Church parish Saint-Pierre-of-links, French Heritage monument to Bourdeilles
Church of elongated plan, its single nave has three cupolas on pendentives, straight span and a capped apse of an apse. To the North, the Lady chapel, whose warheads are interrupted by tailpieces, is extended to the eastern parts by a second modern vaulted chapel with a dome. The Bell Tower, square in plan, is camped on the third dome of the nave and thus above the small roof covering the front-choir. The semicircular apse is pierced by six narrow bays arches. Cited in 1391 to have been looted, the parish church of Bourdeilles was a dependent Priory of Brantôme. It has a chapel of our Lady built in the 15th century, which was the burial place of the family of Bourdeilles. J. Mandin restored and enlarged the Church in 1885. Right span was built instead of the old choir, the base of the Bell Tower was rebuilt, and the span of the dome supporting the latter was completely restored. The Napoleonic cadastre also indicates that the apse was flat and the chapel of plan square.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Church parish Saint-Pierre-of-links, Church of elongated plan, its single nave has three cupolas on pendentives, straight span and a capped apse of an apse. To the North, the Lady chapel, whose (...) Church parish Saint-Pierre-of-links, French Heritage monument to Bourdeilles bourdeilles, dordogne
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional d'Aquitaine - Service chargé de l'inventaire54, rue Magendie 33077 Bordeaux Cedex - 05.57.95.02.02
Men involved in this construction
- Mandin jules (in French) architecte
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.