Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul parish church, French Heritage monument to La tour blanche
This church, largely modern, consists of a nave of four vaulted spans of fake warheads, of very narrow aisles and a choir of late Gothic, revoûté broken barrel probably in the 19th century. The square apse is supported by two buttresses bias, which one is carved a niche retaining a statuette. The nave is protected by hollow tile, while the chorus is by de la lauze. The Bell Tower, completed by an arrow, is located on the Western side. The choir of the 15th century of the modern church was the chapel Notre-Dame-de-La-Recluse or Notre-Dame-des-suburbs, occupied by a hospice. The fire in the former St. Sebastian's Church (of the Tower), during the wars of religion, then at the foot of the castle of the White Tower, set forth the Chapel to become a parish church in the 16th century. The buildings of the hospital were used to expand the new Church. In 1897, the architect e. Meunier began to build the western tower.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul parish church, This church, largely modern, consists of a nave of four vaulted spans of fake warheads, of very narrow aisles and a choir of late Gothic, revoûté broken barrel (...) Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul parish church, French Heritage monument to La tour blanche la tour blanche, dordogne
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional d'Aquitaine - Service chargé de l'inventaire54, rue Magendie 33077 Bordeaux Cedex - 05.57.95.02.02
Men involved in this construction
- Meunier e. (in French) architecte
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.