Parish Church Saint-Germain, French Heritage monument to Roussas
Church oriented, built below the road, symmetrical plan Latin cross in semicircular apse
* floor of bedrock under the choir and the sacristy which it is adjacent to the Northeast. Construction rendered limestone rubble, foothills at the level of the bays and channels in stone
* structured front, Middle unit of sandstone (softish?). Hollow tile roof, roof long pans and pinion discovered in facade, roofs with two sides and rump on the chapels, polygonal rump on the bedside
* sponge cake in 4 rows, except on the facade with symmetrical elevation pinion: door arches, all surrounded by lateral pilasters, under the pediment gable interrupted based, crowned with a semicircular Tower-wall axial arches surmounted by a rose covered with an arc. As the facade, the interior elevation are divided into 3 registers by thickening of the pillars halfway. The single nave of 3 spans, the span of transept and the span of choir are covered by vaults separated by timbers semicircular apse of a vault to 5 districts with broken glasses. In the arms of the transept, two arches arches facing onto the side chapels symmetrical and vaulted edges
* key of the arches is adorned with figures A.M.., for the chapel of the Virgin on the left, and S.J. from Saint-Joseph right. Raised choir of 2 steps in limestone, tiled floor. Restored Interior: walls and roofing coated with a clear coating. Until the mid last century, high atop the rocky outcrop, the castle of Roussas chapel dedicated to Saint-Germain, served as a parish church. Part of the Castle, it was replaced by a parish church built in the village, projected as early as 1848. but plans by an architect from Montélimar were not carried out. In 1863, of new plans and specifications were prepared by the Montelimar architect Fontanille
* the purchase of the plot took a while, and the construction was entrusted to the Deville, entrepreneurs in Valreas brothers: March 13, 1867, Bishop Gueulette, Bishop of Valence, poses the first stone of the new Church of Roussas, completed before August, 1868, and the dedicated September 27, 1868
* at the entrance of the building, a plaque commemorates this event. Then under the patronage of the Immaculate Conception, the Church found since that of the patron of the parish, Saint-Germain, which figure in the canopies of the choir is located to the left of the Immaculate Conception, occupying the axial Bay. The two side chapels of the Virgin and St. Joseph would have added in 1873 by the Abbot Rodolphe Garnier. In 1883, the vault is consolidated by Auguste Ferrein, Roussas Mason. The Church was restored in 1980 and 1993.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : pierre bastien (Parish Church Saint-Germain, roussas)
Parish Church Saint-Germain, Church oriented, built below the road, symmetrical plan Latin cross in semicircular apse; floor of bedrock under the choir and the sacristy which it is (...) Parish Church Saint-Germain, French Heritage monument to Roussas roussas, drome
The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Rhône-AlpesLe Grenier d'Abondance - 6, Quai Saint Vincent - 69001 Lyon - 04.72.00.43.70
Men involved in this construction
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.