Lormoy Castle currently retirement home, French Heritage monument to Longpont sur orge
The central body is accosted two pavilions in light projection and two wings arranged in the wake of all
* the whole is covered with Ridge terrace Pavilion roofs. Buildings (Castle and common) are coated. The neo-Gothic chapel has retained its painted decoration and its original furniture. The entry on the Lormoy Street pavilions are constructed from millstone. All of the common, Italianate architecture, are noteworthy for the conservation of their initial state. Castle rebuilt (or converted) in 1837 by Pierre Anne Dedreux for Mr Paturle, industrial Lyon and member of Parliament, on the site of an old Castle built in the first half of the 17th century building served as the basis for the new building
* It is Gaston d ' Orléans which would have undertaken to 1627 the construction of this first castle
* an act of 1767 describes a building consisting of a Manor House and a floor of another body of logis 'of the same alignment thereof newly built'
* a map of 1733 shows indeed a castle shaped l double bar
* transformations were likely to be carried out at the beginning of the 19th century by the Duke of Maillé
* the castle of 1837 had two floors and side pavilions topped with Italian terraces
* common can be dated to this period according to their neo-classical style with serlienne and Spa Bay. In 1862 the castle is acquired by the family Say (sweets) and enlarged: wings are added and the roofs modified by architect Garon. the 1837 building is the current central building. Allée des Marronniers in the axis of the Castle and the Tower of Montlhéry was pierced by c. a. Say in 1863
* It was classified as sites on 8 May 1935. From 1934 to 1971, the estate belongs to the congregation of the fathers of the assumption which is settled a seminar
* as an extension of the North Wing architect Couroux built a chapel which he remains today only the outer structure. Since 1983, the building is assigned to a retirement home and a school group was built on a plot of land along Lormoy Street. The domain was disbanded and loti from 1920.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
(Lormoy Castle currently retirement home, longpont sur orge)
Lormoy Castle currently retirement home, The central body is accosted two pavilions in light projection and two wings arranged in the wake of all; the whole is covered with Ridge terrace Pavilion (...) Lormoy Castle currently retirement home, French Heritage monument to Longpont sur orge longpont sur orge, essonne
Men involved in this construction
- Dedreux pierre anne (in French) architecte
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.