Castle of Chanteloup, French Heritage monument to St germain les arpajon
Large corps de logis central of 13 spans on two square storeys
* the three central spans bays are surmounted by a triple window closed by a pediment. All date from the second half of the 18th century. Two angle turrets have been added at the beginning of the 19th century. Millstone and brick walls covered with a coating way stone at the edge of the Windows and the doors. Zinc roofing. Inside, the entry vestibule holds woodwork and 19th century cast-iron staircase. Le colombier de Saint-Eutrope recently lost its roof but retains its boulins clay and beautiful framing of doors in sandstone. In the 13th century, the Manor of Chanteloup is a House of Philippe le Bel. His wife, Jeanne of Navarre, founded on the land of Chanteloup, a chapel and a leper under the invocation of Saint-Eutrope. During the hundred years war, Edward III of England and his son, the Black Prince, stay there and destroy the region. Charles V was owner, as well as Jean, duc de Berry. In 1518, François 1er the Exchange against the House of the Tuileries, owned by Nicolas de Neuville. This allows the Hospital of Saint-Eutrope grow significantly. In 1504 he spent under the administration of the sisters grey hospital. In the 18th century, it belongs to the marquis of Maulévrier. The Revolution, it is the possession of Jacques-François Mallet, president of the Chamber of Auditors, which is important work and gives the main central building its present appearance. In 1792, Antoine Denis Chabanel expanded Park and shaved the convent of Saint-Eutrope, which remains the Dovecote. At the beginning of the 19th century, Montaleau Roettiers, future Mayor of Saint-Germain, profoundly changes it: it removes the wings already shortened by the previous owner and built the corner towers. His successor count de Gasq redevelops inside. It is now the property of the monks of the Italian congregation of St. Paul. Site registered 30/08/1977.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Castle of Chanteloup, Large corps de logis central of 13 spans on two square storeys; the three central spans bays are surmounted by a triple window closed by a pediment. All date (...) Castle of Chanteloup, French Heritage monument to St germain les arpajon st germain les arpajon, essonne
The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Ile-De-France98, rue de Charonne 75011 Paris - 01.56.06.51.00
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.