Old Priory of Notre-Dame of Yron, French Heritage monument to Cloyes sur le loir
The installation of the prioress in 1115 is dregs with the gift of grounds carries out by Agnes de Montigny, countess of Gannelon. The prioress depends on the mother abbey of Thiron.
Beginning of the 16th century, refittings of the frontage is and of the interior distribution is carried out.
The 17th century is mark by the installation of a staircase of circulation out of wood.
The prioress east indicates like farm of Yron at the 18th century. The ground floor is alone uses. The revolution will cause its parcelling out.
the structure presents penny the shape of a home of barlong plan, on three levels, which preserves trefoil tympanums of the 13th century and borings of the 16th century. The spiral staircase locates in a tower pentagonal out-work, shelters Renaissance typical sculptures in Loire Valley.
(Old Priory of Notre-Dame of Yron, cloyes sur le loir)
Old Priory of Notre-Dame of Yron, Installation of the Priory in 1115 through the donation of land to Agnes de Montigny, Countess of Gannelon. Dependent on the Abbey of Thiron. At the beginning (...) Old Priory of Notre-Dame of Yron, French Heritage monument to Cloyes sur le loircloyes sur le loir, eure et loir
Picture of Sabine Passé Présent
Ancien prieuré de Notre-Dame d'Yron, cloyes sur le loir
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.