Spinning of silk Red, French Heritage monument to Lussan

Workshop on the 1st floor, over a more ancient vaulted discount
* part 1832 with a floor of attic used of coconiere, frames in brick
* access by staircase turning stone and exterior staircase at the other end
* housing management in direct communication with the spinning with floors of basement and filled
* beautiful staircase English 2 returns
* surface built in m2: 641 spinning created in 1832 by Pierre Roux on the 1st floor of a building dated 1740 on the Arch of the gate key. Housing management very modified and raised around 1850. Workshop expanded in length in 1859 but stopped in 1863, perhaps on the death of his createur.1832, boiler copper Pascaly (Nimes) only for heating of the basins. January 1850, cylindrical boiler ends rounded 0, 97 M3, 2 5 atmospheres, machine 2 c. January 1859, 3 iron boiler, 397 m³, 5. 30 m, 3 atmospheres.14 long basins in 1832, 16 in 1835, 26 in 1859

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

spinning of silk Red
Crédit photo : (spinning of silk Red, lussan)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

spinning of silk Red, Workshop on the 1st floor, over a more ancient vaulted discount; part 1832 with a floor of attic used of coconiere, frames in brick; access by staircase (...) Spinning of silk Red, French Heritage monument to Lussan lussan, gard

Location and general information

  • identifier : 45948
  • item : filature de soie Roux
  • Location of the building :
    • Languedoc-Roussillon
    • Lussan
  • Address : rue de la Filature
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 30151
  • Zip code of the municipality : 30580
  • Order in the communal list : 6
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : spinning
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : abandoned

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 5 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 18th century
    • 2nd quarter 18th century
    • 19th century
    • 2nd quarter 19th century
    • 3rd quarter 19th century
  • Years :
    • 1740
    • 1832
    • 1859
  • Investigation : 1989
  • Date taken into account : 1995/12/22

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 2 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • coating
    • stone
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 3 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • the main material of this building is hollow tile
  • Other about the composition roofs : 2 modes of coverage are listed
    • wood frame apparent
    • vault
  • Floors : 3 type of floors in this manual :
    • 1 floor square
    • floor height
    • stage base
  • Stairs : 6 types of stairs have been cataloged in this monument, stairs are of type :
    • distribution outside staircase
    • straight staircase
    • masonry
    • staircase
    • staircase
    • staircase distribution
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology : The typology consists of 3 elements
    • semicircular arc
    • rectangular
    • semicircle
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 6 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • housing
    • industrial warehouse
    • workshop
    • manufacturing workshop
    • housing employers
    • shelter
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Wienin Michel
  • Mérimée reference : IA00128381

The complete official record is available at Région Languedoc-Roussillon - Service chargé de l'inventaireBâtiment le BELEM - 355, rue Vendémiaire 34 000 Montpellier - 04.67.22.86.86

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de garrigues est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by garrigues :

Extérérieur de la filature créée par Pierre Louis Auguste Roux accolée à la maison de maître

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.