The greenhouse well coal mine, French Heritage monument to Portes

Mine part of the extractive industry set of four mines. Wells dug on the concession of Comberedonde by the Cie of ores of iron magnetic of McReynolds-el-Hadid, farmee, which thus meets the concession adjacent four and Trebiau. Sinking started in 1873, surface installations in 1874. Well used to the introduction of equipment and earthworks, the breakdown and especially to trace products from the bottom to the level where it is joined by the Gallery of Cornas, but it is not equipped to get out of the coal outdoors or to a significant movement of staff. 1917: the concession is sold to the mining co. of la Grand Combe which amodie it in 1924 to the S.A. des Mines de four, the binding are however established by the bottom with Champclauson (la Grand Combe). 1946: nationalization in the Cévennes coal of basin (sector Centre) and in 1949 construction of an electric substation and a local fan. Slowdown in 1954 with the closure of the well 3 of four and closed in 1961. Desequipement in 1964

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

the greenhouse well coal mine
Crédit photo : (the greenhouse well coal mine, portes)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

the greenhouse well coal mine, Mine part of the extractive industry set of four mines. Wells dug on the concession of Comberedonde by the Cie of ores of iron magnetic of McReynolds-el-Hadid, (...) The greenhouse well coal mine, French Heritage monument to Portes portes, gard

Location and general information

  • identifier : 46172
  • item : mine de houille du Puits de la Serre
  • Location of the building :
    • Languedoc-Roussillon
    • Portes
  • Address : route d'Alès
  • Place name : le Biscuit
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 30203
  • Zip code of the municipality : 30530
  • Order in the communal list : 7
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : mine
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : remains

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 5 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 3rd quarter 19th century
    • 20th century
    • 1st quarter 20th century
    • mid 20th century
  • Years :
    • 1874
    • 1922
    • 1949
  • Investigation : 1989
  • Date taken into account : 1995/12/22

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 3 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • concrete
    • stone
    • reinforced concrete
  • Roofing :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 4 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • basin
    • engine room
    • transformer
    • room
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • This building has been assigned the following use : home

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : private property
  • Author of the survey MH : Wienin Michel
  • Mérimée reference : IA00128501

The complete official record is available at Région Languedoc-Roussillon - Service chargé de l'inventaireBâtiment le BELEM - 355, rue Vendémiaire 34 000 Montpellier - 04.67.22.86.86

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de MIKE est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.