St jean de valeriscle
Valerisclo, high Valley of Auzonnet, tributary of Ceze, in the middle of which is the village of Saint-Jean-of-Valeriscle which borrows its name. This denomination offers an identical significance has that of Valborgno.
Derives from Latin Vallis clausa, valley fermee or closed, this valley being indeed fermee has its origin by the heights of Doors.
Source: Dictionary Languedocien-French by Maximin d' Hombres and Gratien Charvet on December 27, 1883.
The Dictionary of Provence-French, or Dictionary language of oc old and modern by Honnorat, Simon-Jude (1783-1852) publishes into 1848 gives us a rather close etymology: Valeriscla, place name (valeriscle). Name which one believes to answer the lalin Vallicula or Vallicula clausa.
The commune to the XIX E century
St-Jean-of-Valeriscle, Gard, commune of 978 inhabitants (out of 815 hectares), has 220 bills of quantities of altitude, in a small valley of the Cevennes themselves, on Auzonnet, low Auzon, canton of St-Ambroix (7 kilometers), district of Went (17 kilometers), 61-47 kilometers Western Northern North of Nimes, 691 kilometers of Paris.
Post office, church, 2 public schools, welfare office.
Allotment of coal of 2177 hectares, included/understood in the communes of St-Jean-to-Valeriscle, of St-Ambroix, the Magi, St-Florent, Rousson and Meyrannes; iron mines of the concessions of Besseges and Robiac and St Florent; mines of zinc, lead, money and related metals of the concession of Clairac allotment of iron pyrite and other metals of 314 hectares, included/understood in the communes of St-Jean-of-Valeriscle and of the Magi. Silk spinning mill.
Ruins of a castle, princes de Conti. Cave in the mountain of Farau discovered in 1882; prehistoric remains.
Source: Gazetteer and administrative of France and its colonies publishes under the direction of Paul Joanne in 1890.
st jean de valeriscle, French city Department of gard with 4 historical sites listed or simply studied for their remarkable character.
Our database currently includes 4 elements for heritage st jean de valeriscle. You will find the menu and footer links leading you on the description sheets.
There are 15 localities (Place called, location known as) in St jean de valeriscle : les granges ; la coste ; les claux ; les mines ; le barry ; la broussiere ; le fontanieu ; cambonnet et poujoulas ; cante ser et les miniers ; le barry saint jean ; le perlot ; les lecques ; les rimes ; lou recantou ; pomier.
No listed building in St jean de valeriscle
Places of Culture
Librarie st jean de valeriscle, st jean de valeriscle has 1 Librarie :
- bibliotheque municipale ( 30960 st jean de valeriscle)
Statistics for St jean de valeriscleTown or city : st jean de valeriscle
Postcode of city : 30960
Insee code : 30268
Latitude : 44.240225
place called : 15
avenue : 1
path : 1
dead : 1
place : 4
area : 2
route : 2
st : 14
square : 1
surface built in m2: 75 glassware built between 1757 and 1761 by Pierre Gilly to use coal operated on-site. the establishment remains in the Gilly family until (...) Glassware Gilly, French Heritage monument to St jean de valeriscle
Well 4 coal mine, French Heritage monument to St jean de valeriscle 3
Rectangular building flanked by 2 pavilions at each end and an annex lean-to along the South lateral wall; remains, House of guard next to the previous, walls (...) Well 4 coal mine, French Heritage monument to St jean de valeriscle
The Maricamp Martinet, then mill wheat, spinning and silk Eyrolles, then Reidon moulinerie, then offices to the Mines of the great ' Combe, French Heritage monument to St jean de valeriscle 2
« the Maricamp Martinet, then mill wheat, spinning and silk Eyrolles, then Reidon moulinerie, then offices to the Mines of the great ' Combe » is a construction of the city of St jean de valeriscle (France, Gard). The Maricamp Martinet, then mill wheat, spinning and silk Eyrolles, then Reidon moulinerie, then offices to the Mines of the great ' Combe, French Heritage monument to St jean de valeriscle
Spinning of silk Brahic, French Heritage monument to St jean de valeriscle 1
surface built in m2: 218 an artisan workshop of spinning silk belonging to Joseph Brahic exists when the establishment of the cadastre in 1839. He was replaced (...) Spinning of silk Brahic, French Heritage monument to St jean de valeriscle