Parish Church St. Martin, French Heritage monument to Couqueques
This Parish is in the district of the Archpriest of Lesparre, currently additional of Saint-Christophe de Castillon. The Saint, Titulaire of this Parish, was Saint Medard, if one refers oneself some has old pouillies Diocese. It is true that the lieve quartieres of the Archbishop's palace, year 1420, like that of the year 1546, give him Saint Martin for Patron; thus here are of the authorities for & against: remain has to know which must be preferee; it seems that it is that of the lieves, as being older than that of the pouillies, which make them certainly posterior.
There exist alternatives on the denomination of this Parish; one your finds appelee Ocoegues in the lieve of 1420, Octceques in that of 1546 Ecclesia Sancti Medardi de Coquercques, is it carries in an old manuscript, in which the income of this Church east does not evaluate that 20 liv has. Sancfus Medardus de Conoquonque, it is stated in the general pouillie of France, prints in 1648. Lastly, in a Synodal bird call of the year 1708, one finds it appelee Saint Martin's day de Conques. Among these variations on the name of this Parish, how to fix the true denomination? Shortest is to leave it has that which it carries now, which is that of Couqueques. It is not that by the synodal bird call of 1708, qu ' it appears that Saint Martin's day de Couqueques was additional of Saint-Christoly of Castillon; because all the others lieves & pouillies mention this church, as being free & main of its rights; what makes suppose that this union must be rather recent. It is necessary to think that the little of income attaches has this church put a Priest out of state to serve it and that was to provide for the service that it was annexed has that of Castillon: because, by putting two frank taxable quotas have the twenty books of which she enjoyed about the middle the thirteenth century, it is not possible there that a Priest could remain; it is undoubtedly, which determined the union of it has that of Saint-Christoly of Castillon.
It is door in the Memories which were provided on this last Parish, that the Chapter of Lucon was large Decimateur, & which this dime had been pledged; it is not known as there only one word of that of Couqueques, thus it belongs to this infeodation; it is what obliges us has to keep silence in this respect.
One will also keep it on the population of this Parish; because, though one had the attention to mark the number of fires of the Parish of Saint-Christoly, one did not have that to mark that of the Parish of Couqueques. It has to believe that it is not quite large, since the church is very small. It exists there nevertheless a borough & a village names Canterane. There existed formerly a Vault under the invocation of Loubes Saint, who was destroyed, & there does not remain any more but the furnace bridge. The Parish of Couqueques is situee in the Jurisdiction of Lesparre. The church is placee has small a half mile, & with laying down that of Saint-Christoly. It appears by a title of July 19, 1580, that Lord Louis de Genouillac, between several Seigniories which it had in the region of the Medoc, was owner of that of Couqueques.
Source: Varieties Of Bordeaux or historical and critical test on the old and modern topography of the diocese of Bordeaux, Divides into volumes second 1784.
Crédit photo : Grand Titus (Parish Church St. Martin, couqueques)
Parish Church St. Martin, « Parish Church St. Martin » is a construction of the city of Couqueques (France, Gironde). Parish Church St. Martin, French Heritage monument to Couqueques couqueques, gironde
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional d'Aquitaine - Service chargé de l'inventaire54, rue Magendie 33077 Bordeaux Cedex - 05.57.95.02.02
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Grand Titus says of the history of this building :
Église paroissiale Saint Martin
Couquèques était autrefois nommé Saint Martin de Conques. L'église Saint-Martin renferme un blason rappelant un épisode de la vie de ce Saint.
Lors de l'érection de la commune en 1895, les habitants ouvrent une souscription pour reconstruire leur église: chaque propriétaire donne le revenu d'une année de récolte et chaque ouvrier un mois de sa paye.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.