House, French Heritage monument to Kientzheim
Kientzheim is the fatherland of Michel Buchinger, who, initially abbot of Maulbronn, restores the abbey of Pairis, whose Swedes had alienated the goods. It composed a summary of the diplomatic History of Lucelle, of which he was of the same abbot, and an essay on the vault of Kientzheim. He was also the first ecclesiastical adviser with the sovereign council of Alsace.
Kientzheim (Chinzicha 728, Conesheim 877, Konsheim 1303, K?nszhein 1341, Kunsheim 1465,), situee on Weiss and the road of the Vosges in the Rhine, and entouree of vineyards, whose products are very-regards, especially those of the canton calls Kehrenbourg. Residence of a tax collector of the direct taxation and a notary. It has an old people's home which has approximately 3000 FR. of ordinary incomes. The channel which crosses Kientzheim made drive four mills has corn and an oil mill. Unterspiegel 7 houses, Thorguth L, Weinbach 1, Wolf 1, belong to Kientzheim.
Kientzheim has an establishment devotes to the education of the girls, and directs by the Ladies of the Sacred Heart of Jesus; it east locates out of the city, on the edges of Weiss.
The grounds belonging to the commune of Kientzheim are mainly made up of remains of sandy rocks and limestones. The agricultural production is reduced to the culture of the vine and fruit trees whose tasty products enjoy a reputation meritee to the steps of Colmar. The cattle, like generally in all the vineyard of Haut-Rhin, is hardly sufficient to provide manures necessary to the maintenance of the fertility of the grounds, the vine growers are consequently oblige to get the litter of the cattle in the farmers of the plain or to remove it in the drills. 1179 inhabitants (1169 cath., 10 lute.).
Kientzheim has two religious monuments of the Middle Ages. Most important is the low Holy-Babbit metal church, today vault of pilgrimage. The lower stage of the bell-tower dates from the Romance time, less the vault, which is of the XIV E century. On the left in the solid mass of the wall, a square niche furnished with a netting opens: it is old the reserve. The bell-tower above the Western pinion contains a pretty small bell of the beginning of the Xv E century, with the names of the evangelists. Close to the high altar one sees a title, of which the original was sign by a great number of famous lords, who attest that in 1466, the church of Sigolsheim having become the prey of the flames, the images of the Virgin and of saint Jean-the Evangeliste, which were there, were not endommagees, and which one transported them in this vault, which became a place of pilgrimage very-frequent. The emperor Frederic III there came in 1473, with a many continuation, and suspended in the vault his hat Hungarian embroiders out of gold and out of Charles-the-Bold money came to visit it the same year, after Colmariens had refuses the entry of their city to him.
The parish church contains the tomb stones of the marshal Lazare de Schwendi (1584), of his son Jean Guillaume de Schwendi, baron de HohLandsperg (1609) and of a lady of the same family. The interior walls of the cemetery of Kientzheim were formerly flowering ashes of a macabre dance attribuee has Holbein. A notable part of the old fortifications (XV E and XVI E century) was conservee. One notices especially the main door of the east and the castle which is contiguous. Both are of the XVI E century.
In 728 the count Eberhard wire of Adalbert, duke of Alsace, gave to the monastery of Murbach the place of Kientzheim, which was indominicatus, i.e. it belonged to his field deprives and was not strike of any right of benefit. In 920 Othon-the-Large confirmed the abbey of Saint-Felix and of Holy Controls has Zurich in the goods which it had has Kientzheim. But most of the territory of Kientzheim depended a long time on the counts d' Eguisheim. Kientzheim passed then to Ferrette, then in Habsbourg, which infeoderent it with the counts de Lupfen. It is at that time (1434-1445) which Kientzheim was surrounds by walls and passed to the row of city. Well before the advent of Lupfen, there has Kientzheim a castle which passes to have had its site in the middle of the borough, or one can still see some remains of old constructions. The current castle was the residence of Lupfen, which succeeded in 1563 the marshal Lazare de Schwendi.
The emperor Frederic III granted to the city various privileges (1460) and the right to hold of the fairs and the steps. The convent of the capuchins calls Weinbach, locates between Kientzheim and Kaysersberg, and founds, in 1613, by the count Louis de F?rstenberg, is a private property today.
Kientzheim is the fatherland of: Bernardin Buchinger, in 1606, abbot of Pairis and later of Lucelle, member of the sovereign council of Alsace, author of: De Ecclesia S. Regulee Kientsheim, Bruntruti, 1662; Epitome faslorwn Luceliensium etc Acc. monast. Mulbrunensis and Parisiensis descriplio, Bruntruti, 1667, in-8, a history of the pope Leon IX etc
Jean-Jacques Scheffmacher (1668 1733), Jesuit, names, in 1715, with the pulpit of controversy founded in the cathedral of Strasbourg, by Louis XIV. He has leaves twelve letters against the Lutherans, known under the name of Lettres of the Scheffmacher father.
Some authors believe that the castle of Kientzheim saw being born Lazare de Schwendi (1522).
Kientzheim carries party variegates money and of azure, a barbet spaniel upright sand has joins and buckles mouths stitching on the partition.
Source: Old and modern Alsace by Jacques Baquol 1865.
Crédit photo : mhigelin (House, kientzheim)
House, House at the back of court, against the speaker, oriented East-West roof to everything. Basement half-buried with arched cellar door, walled, replaced by a (...) House, French Heritage monument to Kientzheim kientzheim, haut rhin
The complete official record is available at Région Alsace - Service de l'Inventaire du Patrimoine culturelPalais du Rhin - 2 Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.15.38.31
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.