Chapel of the Oelberg, French Heritage monument to Rouffach
The vault high in extreme cases of the commune with Westhalten, beside a Mount of Olives. Vault has a vessel, with a semicircular apse. Windows in gothic arch with rubble fillings. To former rise, relates has oven walls carve pilasters, gothic arch above a different source. Pediment carves of a relief representing the Trinity (end of the 17th century?). In the pinion head of putto with the tears with the eyes.
Vault built in 1844 for a Mr Ribstein beside the Mount of Olives. It has uses elements of various times for the door and the windows, just as for the tympanum surmounting the door they could date from 17th or the beginning of the 18th century. The vault was restauree in 1966 and there was then a statue of the Virgin who is not there more.
Source: Ministry for the culture.
Crédit photo : Danielle Karl (Chapel of the Oelberg, rouffach)
Chapel of the Oelberg, The chapel stands at the boundary of the commune with Westhalten, beside a mount of olives. A vessel with a semicircular apse Chapel. Arch with tracery Windows. (...) Chapel of the Oelberg, French Heritage monument to Rouffach rouffach, haut rhin
The complete official record is available at Région Alsace - Service de l'Inventaire du Patrimoine culturelPalais du Rhin - 2 Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.15.38.31
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Contact contributor with his mail for more information.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.