Chapel Saint-Martin, known as Notre-Dame Hippoltskirch, French Heritage monument to Sondersdorf
In the vault with the ceiling painted by Johann Stauder and partitions, the balustrade of the platform out of wooden painted cotoie, with the walls, of the ex-votos, some milked in naive painting. On the left of the nave, rules miraculous of Notre-Dame, formerly object of pilgrimages.
precise details of the ministry for the culture
- The 1st mention of Hippoltskirch goes up has 1144.
- Pierre, vice-chancellor of the church of Sondersdorf, sells with the church of St-Leonard, has Basle, a house situee close to the cemetery of this church, for seven books, under certain conditions. Basle. 1284. March 31
- The primitive building dedicates has holy Martin was used as parish church has sondersdorf, its cemetery disappeared was useful until the 18th century
- Since the 17th century east attests a pilgrimage with the Virgin there.
Hippolskirch is a pilgrimage which was place under the invocation of the Virgin and Saint-Hippolyte per Leon IX
- In 1770 the bishop of Basle ordered the demolition of the church for his decayed but it was restauree and given has nine, with the agreement of the new bishop, by the inhabitants of Sondersdorf, 1778 has 1781, with re-employment of the coffered ceiling painted coming from their Saint-Ulrich church.
Until the XVIIIe century the sanctuary remained the parish church of Sondersdorf, and then, slowly, it was forsakes. In 1760, the roof was in sorry state, the eveche of Basle thought of making demolish the church, but the population opposed it. etc (ways of strange in Alsace - Guy Trendel - 1993)
- Medieval church undoubtedly remains the carcass work as well as the crowning of the Gothic eucharistic cupboard places above the main door.
- In 1951 the vault was restauree by Gall de Colmar, Graff de Selestat and Jaeg of Strasbourg.
- At north was located the cemetery and the old hermitage which was replaces by a house forestiere after 1935
- Work of setting out of water realized by the commune in 2004/2005
Crédit photo : henrylouis (Chapel Saint-Martin, known as Notre-Dame Hippoltskirch, sondersdorf)
Chapel Saint-Martin, known as Notre-Dame Hippoltskirch, Chapel porch, flat and Bell Tower on the roof; wooden Windows frames the first mention of the Hippoltskirch dates back to 1144; the primitive building (...) Chapel Saint-Martin, known as Notre-Dame Hippoltskirch, French Heritage monument to Sondersdorf sondersdorf, haut rhin
The complete official record is available at Région Alsace - Service de l'Inventaire du Patrimoine culturelPalais du Rhin - 2 Place de la République 67000 Strasbourg - 03.88.15.38.31
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by henrylouis :
Très ancienne Chapelle du Sundgau Alsacien. Proche de Sondersdorf.
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.