Ancien couvent des Annonciades (ancien couvent des Bénédictines de Notre-Dame de Pitié)

In 1550, Claude of Lorraine founds, close to his castle of Joinville, a monastery of Benedictines, with a church of Notre-Dame de Pitie, or soon all the surroundings come in pilgrimage, especially Friday of each week, there to hear Stabat MATER, marvelously sings by the nuns, and to beseech the help of Marie affligee, through all the sorrows of the life.

Annonciades: Religious order of women which had convents has Bourmont, Joinville and Langres.

  • In 1555 convent of Benedictines
  • In 1756 sets fire to.
  • In 1760 rebuilding.
  • 1822, April. Set fire to old convent of Annonciades, buys by Mr. Hu.
  • Modification from 1842, after the purchase by Annonciades celestial.
  • Use as vault of 1843-1844.

Former convent of the Annonciades (convent of the Benedictine nuns of Notre-Dame of mercy)
Crédit photo : (Former convent of the Annonciades (convent of the Benedictine nuns of Notre-Dame of mercy), joinville)


Heritage listed, historical monument, or having been under investigation

Structural information

Former convent of the Annonciades (convent of the Benedictine nuns of Notre-Dame of mercy), Patrimoine classé ou inscrit dit 'Ancien couvent des Annonciades (ancien couvent des Bénédictines de Notre-Dame de Pitié)' à joinville (haute marne 52300). En 1550, Claude de Lorraine fonde, près de son château de Joinville, un monastère de Bénédictines, avec une église de Notre-Dame de Pitié. joinville, haute marne

Location and general information

  • identifier : 82581
  • item : Ancien couvent des Annonciades (ancien couvent des Bénédictines de Notre-Dame de Pitié)
  • Location of the building :
    • Champagne-Ardenne
    • Haute-Marne
    • Joinville
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 52250
  • Zip code of the municipality : 52300
  • Order in the communal list : 1
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : convent
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 18th century
    • Second half 18th century
  • Date of protection : 1994/08/25 : inscrit MH partiellement
  • Date taken into account : 1996/04/16

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials:
    • We do not have this information.
  • Roofing :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building :
    • No information about decoration.
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :5 parts of the building are subject to protection and are listed as follows :
    • stairs
    • infirmary
    • refectory
    • ground
    • basement
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : a 1994 association property
  • Detail :
    • Façades et toitures de l' ancien couvent
    • au rez-de-chaussée : réfectoire voûté avec ses lambris, pièce voisine à l' est voûtée d' arête avec son pilier central
    • dans l' aile en retour d' équerre : ancienne infirmerie avec ses lambris au rez-de-chaussée, cage d' escalier avec l' escalier et sa rampe en fer forgé, les caves (cad. AX 156) : inscription par arrêté du 25 août 1994
  • Mérimée reference : PA00132592

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Lomyre est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Lomyre says of the history of this building :

(Aujourd'hui propriété privée et accès interdit au public)

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.