Castle of the Grammont, French Heritage monument to Villersexel

Built between 1882 and 1887 by the architect Eugène Danjoy, the castle is the last great building of this type built in Franche-Comté. It replaces the old house burned during the war of 1870-1871, which ruins remain northeast of the current building. Construction of Neo-louis XIII style with asymmetry of the East and West wings to simulate the seniority of the Castle and the difference of function of each part. The huge hall of the ground floor and the bow of the West Pavilion are references to English architecture. Metal structures behind mount at each level in the staircase and floors. The use of brick and stone work is rare in the mansions of the nobility comtoise, traditionally in stone and tiles.

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Castle of the Grammont
(Castle of the Grammont, villersexel)


Heritage listed, historical monument, or having been under investigation

Structural information

Castle of the Grammont, Built between 1882 and 1887 by the architect Eugène Danjoy, the castle is the last great building of this type built in Franche-Comté. It replaces the old (...) Castle of the Grammont, French Heritage monument to Villersexel villersexel, haute saone

Location and general information

  • identifier : 156350
  • item : Château des Grammont
  • Location of the building :
    • Franche-Comté
    • Haute-Saône
    • Villersexel
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 70561
  • Zip code of the municipality : 70110
  • Order in the communal list : 5
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : castle
  • State :
    • the current state of the monument is not known.

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • 4th quarter 19th century
  • Year : 1882
  • Dates of protection :
    • 2001/12/19 : inscrit MH
    • 2005/03/29 : classé MH
    • 2005/03/29 : inscrit MH
  • Date taken into account : 1993/10/08

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials:
    • We do not have this information.
  • Roofing :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Materials (roofing) :
    • We do not have this information.
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors :
    • any information about this construction.
  • Stairs :
    • No stairs mentioned on this construction.
  • Decoration of the building : 3 forms of decoration are present
    • sculpture
    • carpentry
    • stucco decoration
  • Representation :
    • No information on the ornamentation of the place.
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Interest of the building : Inscription 23 02 1981 (façades et toitures du château, escalier, pièces avec décor ; façades et toitures de l'orangerie ; écuries) (arrêté) annulée. Objets mobiliers protégés.
  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :14 parts of the building are subject to protection and are listed as follows :
    • stairs
    • fireplace
    • elevation
    • interior
    • vestibule
    • kitchen
    • dwelling
    • stable
    • Concierge
    • discount
    • greenhouse
    • orangery
    • path
    • carousel
  • Constituent areas :
    • no information.
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use :
    • We do not know the different uses that have been made of this construction.

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : owned by a private company (1992
  • Picture : 1e0e6aac987b386bdf713bc5d234ab82.jpg
  • Detail :
    • Les façades et toitures des autres bâtiments (bâtiment d' entrée dit la Régie, logement du portier, tour et remises voisines, ancienne laiterie, serre, orangerie et ancien manège) (cad. AB 343) : inscription par arrêté du 19 décembre 2001 - Le logis en totalité, et les écuries en totalité (cad. AB 343) : classement par arrêté du 29 mars 2005 - Le parc du château et les ruines de l'ancien château (cad. AC 22, 8 à 10
    • AB 339, 340, 338, 341, 342, 442, 336, 444, 330, 332 à 334, 343 à 346) : inscription par arrêté du 29 mars 2005
  • Mérimée reference : PA00102296

Men involved in this construction


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.