Metallurgical factory known as forges de Villersexel, currently closed, French Heritage monument to Villersexel
The industrial warehouse (halle charcoal) consists of a wooden frame covered with a roof to hilltops and mechanical tile, flanked by deep canopies on the North and South facades. Workers dwellings are distributed in a long building l. constructed partially coated limestone rubble, the building consists of a ground floor and a square floor covered a long parts in mechanical tile roof. Employer housing has a square floor and one floor in addition, with demi-croupes roof. A small building for indefinite use (storage?), built in rubble limestone and covered with flat tile, is located southeast of the coal market. Four letters patent established in 1730 and 1731, the marquis de Grammont receives permission to build on its land in Villersexel 'a furnace, a forge with four lights, a foundry and a swift'. The plant, under construction as of 1731, is commissioning in 1733 and 1740. It is leased in 1763 to Richard Mougenet. In 1772, it is operated by the sieur Falatieu - owner of the Tin of Bains (88) - and a million pounds of cast iron and 700 000 to 800 000 pounds of iron produced. Leased to the sieur Baleure in 1789 and then gained as national property by Praileur, it was purchased by the family of Geraardsbergen in 1808. The facility is leased to Joseph Gauthier circa 1820, until its bankruptcy in 1840. It was at this time that outbreaks of refinery gases are used to bake bread, lime or brick. The production of cast iron goes from 680 (?) t in 1801, at 416 t in 1825. The blast furnace, arrested in 1827, leaves place to a wire. Iron production increased from 275 t (bars) in 1801, at 350 t in 1825, and 455 t of iron cylinder to the wire in 1832. In 1840, the 500 t of product iron to develop small irons 305 t, 100 t of plate and 80 tonnes of Tin. The blast furnace, restored in 1847, died shortly after
* It is destroyed between 1855 and 1860. After a period of diversification (sheet and tinplate production), the plant decline in the early 1860s. Despite a production of 480 t of merchant iron in 1863, the forges leave work in 1865 that two fires forge (of four), three furnaces puddler (of four), five trains rolling mills (of six) and eight coils of wire (out of 34). They finally close their doors to 1868. The site is occupied by a farm since 1926. All production buildings were destroyed before this date, with the exception of two of them: a Hall coal and a small building for indefinite use.The hotel has a furnace, a forge at three traffic lights and a kyselecký in 1772. A machine to order (mill) is installed about 1830. The plant comprises a blast furnace, four refinery fires, two hammers and a mill in 1832. A 25 HP steam engine is set up in 1855 to operate the hammers. A new application in 1856 is on a machine 120 HP steam as motor trains cylinder roughing and rolling mills. Presence of four hydraulic 'apparatus' and three minor 1865.300, cutters and burners steam machines are used in 1788. Twelve workers are at the service of blast furnace and 8 to the forge in 1801. Between 30 and 40 domestic workers are employed in 1832, against 62 in 1846.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
metallurgical factory known as forges de Villersexel, currently closed, The industrial warehouse (halle charcoal) consists of a wooden frame covered with a roof to hilltops and mechanical tile, flanked by deep canopies on the North (...) Metallurgical factory known as forges de Villersexel, currently closed, French Heritage monument to Villersexel villersexel, haute saone
The complete official record is available at Conseil régional de Franche-Comté - Direction de l'Inventaire du patrimoine4, square Castan 25031 Besançon Cedex - 03.81.65.72.10
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.