Parish Church of St. Lawrence, French Heritage monument to Arvieux
The current nave consists of 3 bays arched edges * the chorus of square plan is also Vault * the tower is covered with a stone Spire the parish of Arvieux is attested in 1212, but the current church dates from the end of the 15th century or the beginning of the 16th. It was very mutilated during the wars of Religion and restored in the 17th century. the 16th Gate has been reassembled in 1683, date range above. in 1685, date engraved on a marquee, the nave was extended to a span, its vault remade, and the north side chapels sentenced * from 1822 to 1832, the chapel Saint-Joseph destiny to the confraternity of penitents was built * in 1854, a certain Stefanie painted the vault of the choir * the roof has been redone in 1931 larch shingles
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : ashitaka13400 (Parish Church of St. Lawrence, arvieux)
Parish Church of St. Lawrence, The current nave consists of 3 bays arched edges; the chorus of square plan is also Vault; the tower is covered with a stone Spire the parish of Arvieux is (...) Parish Church of St. Lawrence, French Heritage monument to Arvieuxarvieux, hautes alpes
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users. Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.