House of the heads, French Heritage monument to Briancon
The House of the heads is one of a few buildings of Briançon retained after the fire of 1692. A fire in 1624 destroyed little building (preserved walls and shops on the ground floor). Preserved the French ceilings in the corridors were certainly made between two fires. In the course of the 18th century décor of paneling. The facade on the street of the Gargoyle was dressed at the beginning of the 20th century, in drawing the House of the head of Valencia: busts in reliefs depicting the family of the owner of the brianconnaise Cap time. The building consists of two main buildings linked by a staircase and a central courtyard which is accessed by a vestibule vaulted edges. Parts of the ground floor in the South are still occupied by shops.
Source: Ministry of Culture, France
Crédit photo : claude mauguier (House of the heads, briancon)
House of the heads, The House of the heads is one of a few buildings of Briançon retained after the fire of 1692. A fire in 1624 destroyed little building (preserved walls and (...) House of the heads, French Heritage monument to Briancon briancon, hautes alpes
Contributions documentaries made by visitors
Voir cette photo en grand
Description of this building by claude mauguier :
Portail de la Maison des Têtes, Grande Rue, à Briançon. 26 mai 2011 9h52.
Note du webmaster : après vérification il semble que cette photo ne corresponde pas à la maison des têtes de briançon (en tous cas pas en 2011), si vous connaissez cette image merci de me contacter.
Voir source de vérification : www.paca.culture.gouv.fr
source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.
Participate in the increase of the database
The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.