Known as Mansion House Solitude, French Heritage monument to Le plessis robinson

The House is arranged around a square courtyard, covered by a glass roof, and on which open parts Gothic Revival house built around 1850 for the manufacturer of chocolate Marquis. The stables are built to 1900 (destroyed). The arcades of the facade is were added after this date. In 1930, the House becomes rest home (setting up of the Central canopy). National Education then transformed it into school learning for mothers. Abandoned after 1976, it is burnt down in 1977 and 1978

Source: Ministry of Culture, France

Known as Mansion House Solitude
Crédit photo : (Known as Mansion House Solitude, le plessis robinson)


Reported to be remarkable heritage of quality.

Structural information

Known as Mansion House Solitude, The House is arranged around a square courtyard, covered by a glass roof, and on which open parts Gothic Revival house built around 1850 for the manufacturer (...) Known as Mansion House Solitude, French Heritage monument to Le plessis robinson le plessis robinson, hauts de seine

Location and general information

  • identifier : 149110
  • item : Maison de Maître dite Maison la Solitude
  • Location of the building :
    • Ile-de-France
    • Hauts-de-Seine
    • Le Plessis-Robinson
  • Address : 29 rue Paul Rivet
  • INSEE code of the municipality : 92060
  • Zip code of the municipality : 92350
  • Order in the communal list : 18
  • Name of the building :
    • The building is designated as follows : home
  • State :
    • current state of the monument : remains

Dates and times

  • Period of construction : 2 different epochs of evolution of the building.
    • 19th century
    • mid 19th century
  • Investigation : 1991
  • Date taken into account : 1992/10/23

Construction, architecture and style

  • Materials: 4 elements are used in the main structure of the building.
    • limestone
    • brick
    • average unit
    • iron
  • Roofing : Coverage of this building is varied there are 6 different types :
    • roof with long tails
    • rump
    • sprocket cover
    • conical roof
    • pinion
    • roof
  • Materials (roofing) : 2 elements in the composition of the hedge, among them we noted
    • slate
    • glass cover
  • Other about the composition roofs :
    • No information on the coverage of the place.
  • Floors : 5 type of floors in this manual :
    • basement
    • 1 floor square
    • floor height
    • ground floor raised
    • rez-de-chaussee
  • Stairs : 4 types of stairs have been cataloged in this monument, stairs are of type :
    • spiral staircase
    • masonry
    • spiral staircase without a day
    • staircase off-work
  • Decoration of the building : 2 forms of decoration are present
    • sculpture
    • stucco decoration
  • Representation : 3 ornamental motifs have been identified
    • ornamental plant
    • entrelac
    • shield
  • Typology :
    • No information about typology.
  • Plan :
    • We do not know the type of plan for this building.

Monument and history of the place

  • Elements protected MH (historical monument) :
    • Any particular element of the building is subject to protection in our database.
  • Constituent areas : 3 distinct parts in the constitution of this place :
    • park
    • stable
    • by
  • Parties constituantes étudiées :
    • no information.
  • Use : This building has been used in different ways over time. We know 2 successive uses. :
    • school
    • hospital building

Other

  • Other :
    • other Information : public property
  • Author of the survey MH : Forgeret Jean-Charles
  • Mérimée reference : IA00076295

The complete official record is available at service régional de l'inventaire Ile-De-France98, rue de Charonne 75011 Paris - 01.56.06.51.00

Contributions documentaries made by visitors

Photo de Olivier est l'image principale de cette notice.

Voir cette photo en grand

Description of this building by Olivier :

Les photos ci-jointes "POTOCOPIE 01" à "PHOTOCOPIES04" sont des scans de pages d'un dossier que j'avais monté début 1980. Si le sujet vous intéresse je peux rechercher des diapos que j'avais faites à l'hiver 1985.

Olivier says of the history of this building :

Je connaissais cet édifice depuis 1975, date à laquelle j'avais emménagé dans le quartier; à l'automne 1978, j'ai du constater qu'un incendie avait ravagé deux des quatre toitures; en 1979, voyant le portail ouvert, je me suis permis d'entrer et j'ai découvert une merveille: malgré les intempéries -et le vandalisme qui commençait l'essentiel du second-oeuvre (bois sculptés à plis-de-serviette, parquets-mosaïque, stucs, pierre de taille, vitraux), étai encore intact, et une mise hors d'au ainsi qu'un gardiennage aurzaint suffi à protéger cet édifice qui apparemment n'intéressait pas grand monde à part moi. Les clichés présentés ci-dessus montrent qu'une restauration était envisageable, et surtout que un deuxième incendie ne s'était pas encore produit quand les services du ministère des finances, nouveau propriétaire ont déposé et obtenu un permis de démolir, permis attaqué et annulé suite à un recours de l'Union R.E.M.P.ART en 1985. mais l'état d'abandon est toujours resté le même et on connait la suite...

Contact contributor with his mail for more information.


source of information: database Mérimée and contributions of Internet users.
Images shared by the contributors of the site are provided only that they are the owners of the photo. In case of violation of copyright, thank you for contacting us.

Participate in the increase of the database

You have "old photos" of the monument or recent, you know this monument and want to share your photos, knowledge, stories about him, click here.

The objective of the website is to preserve the collective memory heritage user intervention are offered to the community.